PVA glue :(

I understand sarah and she gets everything she needs out of her biscuits she has them way more oftern the cocopops infacts she hasnt had them for a while now. And she doesnt always eat dog food so when she goes off her food i give her somthing she likes so that she will eat and doesnt go with out.

I don´t mean to be rude. I´m just following this topic. And I have to say few words.

Rule number 1: Dogs are way too smart to starved to death. If you let your dog deciced what she/he will eat or not will eat, sooner or later you are in big troubles with your picky and spoiled pet.

Rule number 2: chocolate is POISON for dogs. Even cereals like CocoPops are extremely harmful to your pet. Chocolate causes internal bleedings and serious illnesses for dogs!

Rule 3: Use your common sense. If your pet get sick. First thing you must do is call and go to vet. Hopefully your dog will be okey! :)

(EDIT: Hopefully people get the idea of what I´m meaning. It´s so hard to me write my thoughts in english without any misconceptions. ;))

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok ... methodically:-

• You said you didnt take to the vet as the vets advice was to simply keep and eye on her .. That sounds fair enough to me, however you may have cause some of the digs yourself as you stated specifically that they only said that because you had no money... Now to me (obviously cant speak for anyone else) that sounded like you thought they were only sayin that because you couldnt pay them. Therefore thats why I responded as I did, and yes it was harsh.
  • I mentioned the second dog because you are constantly saying you cannot afford xyz for your huskies. In my opinion you shouldnt have got another one. Only my opinion but an opinion I will stick to non the less.
  • You just stated "Dog food has most of those ingredients and the vitamins are good alone" .. No, some vitamins are good for them as dogs and some are not. Yes dog food has most of those ingredients, however if you read almost every thread regarding "what to feed your husky" there is stacks upon stacks of information from a lot of people telling us that the food with these ingredients in are shite. Thats for any dog, let alone a husky who is even more sensitive to incorrect types of food.

Sorry to hear you are not well. Nobody is trying to get at you, however it is very very rare I will have an opinion in this kind of respect on the forums. This was one where I felt the need to state it as I have also posted in the past, specifically about the cocopops and 'whatever food you can afford at the time' conversation.

coco pops :blink: they contain coco powder which is one of the most toxic chocolates that you could give to a dog, i.e it could close down the bodies organs and kill a dog, imo you are a irresponsibe dog owner, and the fact that you wouldnt even take your dog to the vets when they could have ate glue which could have been very toxic to the dog just makes things even worse!! there is only one wage coming in my house, i am a stay at home mum with 3 kids and 3 huskies and things can be tight here but i would not risk the health or life of my dogs for anything, i would beg borrow or sell my flaming body if thats what it ment to get help for them if they needed it :o a bag of dog food can cost as little as a couple of quid for the cheap stuff which would have been a hell of alot better than anything containing chocolate! and i dont believe for one minute that your vet would say it is ok to feed them coco pops,

i dont know if you have kids but if you do, i am sure you would have taken them to a doc or to a&e if they were a chance they had ate something toxic

just my 2p's worth, if you dont like it, i dont care :angry:

From my Experiance Vets know FUPP ALL about the husky breed, they know about dogs in general but nothing about how much different a husky is to other dogs, we use Medivet one of the biggest vets around and they know nothing! im telling them about the breed as they have not got a clue, Coco Pops is not good for any dog because of the Coco, and tbh when it comes to my Huskies diet i would take advice from experianced people on here befor i take it from a vet, sorry but even a little every day or every other day is not good! and just to make you feel guilty so you change your mind, you are slowly killing your Dog........

Anyway back to the thread, i would take him to the vet to be on the safe side, but being PVA glue i think he might be ok as it is designed not to be Toxic and is used by Small children, i remember the stuff at school tasted like shit but was so much fun.....lol, im sure he will be fine, if it was Super Glue then i would panic.......

Standard PVA glue is NON TOXIC and other than maybe a case of the squits, will cause no ill effects and will pass through without harm.

Not so ANYTHING containing chocolate, cocoa or derivatives therof. Bad and very toxic, potentially fatal in factand should not be fed in any amount.

On a serious note: VETS!

Sibes are notorious for getting up to stuff they shouldn't and you should always have a contingency plan. If your not insured, and don't have an account with your vet, PLEASE set aside a fund to cover a vet bill. I'll live on netto baked beans before leaving myself in a position where I couldn't afford to take a sick dog to the vets right away :mellow:

Guest snowdog

im not going to attack as i dont think this helps, but you must understand why ppl will get heated ,i am annoyed about the sibes diet and what would happen should something worse happen, i think you need to find a vet and approach them about putting a plan of action in place should anything happen to those fur babies, ask if they are prepared to take payment in instalments, then read up a lot on their diet, raw food i find is cheaper if you bught in bulk and froze it and then its there if your short of dosh, and its better for them, but i do give vitimins (mixed veg 70p asda basics) also they have fruit (asda basics 1 pound) ask your local butcher if you can have any meaty bones chicken carcasses anythin like that on the cheap, they may give it you, but please youve been misinformed the food you have given them even as a treat is dangerous and it is slowly affecting them, until one day their system cant take it and they wil l get really il, i am not judging, i am not in your position but i am asking you to do whatever you can to get GOOD FOOD on the cheap, it is possible i havnt got stashes of money but my dogs would eat before i do they my pack im their boss i am in the position of making sure they eat well and stay healthy, please have a think about what options you have, hope all turns out good for all of you.

If you want to watch Money feed your dog what i feed Grey, Go to Asda and Buy Harringtons Turkey and Rice it will last you a month and its all natural, Asda Mince meat and Asda Peas i give him his Harringtons with a tin of peas every day and every other day add Mince, we put just plain harringtons for breakfast and most of the time he dont eat it, but thats just Huskies in general fussy eaters but in the evening when i add the peas he devours it and when he has mince well thats just mental...lol, we aint made of money but with abit of looking and research you can find a cheap healthy way to feed your Husky......

Oh and get him insured, i pay 17 pound a month with Tescos so at least i know im covered incase of emergancy, so in total my husky cost me about £40-£50 a month.............

Ok I said i had no money this month that is not due to the other dog as she doesnt come into the equation and we have done fine with the money before hand not great but fine. This month we barely had any money to pay the rent in fact we havnt payed it at all anyway and we all had to chip in just to pay that half, so in that case if we hadnt of paid that then we wouldnt have a house for the dogs at all would we? We normally have a fund for the dog but this month as i said we have been very and any thing to put against the rent we did it. Last month when we had more money then we did now we brought the dogs enough food to last them past christmas so that they are sorted. And as it says here:Even small amounts of Theo bromine, an ingredient in chocolate, can cause vomiting and restlessness in pets. Larger doses can be fatal. Can is more a maby word and she only has it in small amounts very little as we dont have any cocopops in we havnt done for a few months now. Shura or Lola have never had those symtoms at all and they never have large amounts. And as for the vet well he say it so cant do anything about that. And i do take everyones opion but i stand by what i say about chocolate in small amounts its fine all my previous animals have eaten it espesially 1 who live to a good age and died because of a heart atack which was indused by his collitus or however you spell it. And i only had him for 9 years the other 3 were spent with anouther owner. And yes i have a little brother but her doesnt go to the doctors for every little thing theres careing and theres bubble rap. And he has never eaten anything he shouldnt yet and he 4. PVA glue is designed as Tony said for small children it isnt toxic as they eat it alot in schools. But also i take the vets advice of keeping and eye on her because i could have taken her down but if she did have somthing it might not present its self for a few hours so therefore the vets would not be able to tell if the was somthing or not hence why they said keep an eye on her.

Guest snowdog

ok ive given my advice that cocolate in any form and in any amount should cease, i am not into banging my head aginst a brick wall, i wish you and your sibes the very best , you dogs deserve the best in life imo they are not getting it, but thats just my ipinion, as i say i am not attacking you but you obviously you dont want our advice as everyone has expressed how bad it is to feed cocoa to your dogs and youve just stated you will still continue to TREAT them to poison , ye you may be lucky they may live to ripe old age but its roulette you are playing, great you have money rest or the time im glad so no excuses for cereal for your babies then x

you can take a horse to water but you cant make him drink it!!!

you are totally iresponcable, so even though everyone has told you that chocoloate can KILL your dog, you are still going to carry on feeding it, if i was the breeder of your dog i would have it back at home with me by now, you clearly dont listen to a thing that has been said to you, you really dont deserve top be a husky owner, you have dog food but still choose to feed chocolate, what will it take? something bad to happen to your dog before you listen, its the dog i feel for,

i pay £8 A MONTH to insure each of my dogs, not alot is it?

Ah i didnt say was still going to do it did i no and my pets are insured but you have to pay the first 80 which we dont have atm if you read. And i didnt say that i was going to carry i said that i dont agree that chocolate can casue death in such small amounts as i am only 17 in this respect i have not had much experiance in life but i know that its mostly hype how come my other dog live to a great age and he had chocolate most of his life as a treat every now and then. And anouther thing i cant always watch them when dani finishes his ceerial and they go finish what they are doing coz like children you cant watch them 24/7 so even though i may not personally give it to them then they coudl still eat it couldnt they?

Guest snowdog

We are a forum of husky owners we all have emotions and this has shocked me so much, i though it was the case that you did not have enough money to feed properly and you were misinformed about their diet, but NO it is not the case you have money the rest of the time, so you are asking for advice and then ignoring it and annoying ppl in the process, this is animal cruelty to which i take great offense that you are now in the position to stop the intake of poisonous substances in to your dogs system bt yet you choose to continue now being fully informed! im sorry but wtf, no i am not into attacking when i though circumstance was you were outa pocket but not when as you say you do usually have money and YOU are feeding them POISON instead of a proper healthy nutriosous diet, there is no excuse for that poor dogs!

only 17 no excuse, you old enough to own a dog you ald enough to learn about their breed and adhear to it, so i take it you will not feed them chocolate any more then!

I'm sorry but I have to join in with this thread. I am afraid that I simply don't believe you that your vet said it was okay to feed your dog coco pops. If you insist that is what they have said, then please tell us the name of this vet, as I for one will be reporting them to whatever governing body there is for vets. Hey, drinking copious amounts of alcohol CAN impair your ability to drive, chain smoking MAY cause cancer, you're seriously arguing about semantics?

If I was the breeder of that dog I would be at a solicitor this morning to get that dog back from you.

Is there a Jollyes pet shop anywhere near you? They sell a brand called Mac of working dog food - not the best in the world by a long way, but certainly not the worst £9 I think it is for 15kg. Go to the butchers, get some mince, or get some raw chicken, very, very cheap. Even ask the butcher for all the offcuts, they'll be glad to give them to you, they have to pay to dispose of them.

My business has basically gone to the wall because of the recession, I have two kids to bring up, but my dogs eat dog food every single day, all 8 of them, and the 14 rescues that are here at the moment. Yes I often get donations of dog food that sometimes is near, or just past its best before date, but they all eat food designed for dogs every day.

Please stop playing russian roulette with the dogs' health. If you are in such dire financial straits, and unfortunately a lot of people are at the moment, nobody will think badly of you if you give the dogs into rescue or back to the breeders, instead they will see someone who loves their dogs and wants to do the best for them.

Guest snowdog

Ah i didnt say was still going to do it did i no and my pets are insured but you have to pay the first 80 which we dont have atm if you read. And i didnt say that i was going to carry i said that i dont agree that chocolate can casue death in such small amounts as i am only 17 in this respect i have not had much experiance in life but i know that its mostly hype how come my other dog live to a great age and he had chocolate most of his life as a treat every now and then. And anouther thing i cant always watch them when dani finishes his ceerial and they go finish what they are doing coz like children you cant watch them 24/7 so even though i may not personally give it to them then they coudl still eat it couldnt they?

Move the bowls, they your pack they your responsibility, you have to be with them when danger is about and if you cant then lay them in their beds!

Acctually if you just read that post she has not had it for a while only when she eats what dani has left i cant watch them both 24/7 and put a radar on them can i. She eats normal now so there is no reason yes this month we have no money for vet fees or the house and barely any food we have the dogs food and that is all they are getting atm As i did say that i wasnt going to keep giving it them and the post was not origionally about cocopops in the first place. I said that i dont agree with banning chocolate for dogs either, 6% of cocoa can not kill a husky size dog as its to small amount. Its actually dark chocolate and pure cocoa powder that contains high amounts of theobromine which is like caffine that can kill them, But it needs to be given in high amounts but cheap milk chocolate contains very little. BUT AS I STATE AGAIN FOR THE 3RD AND FINAL TIME I AM NOT GIVEING TO THEM ANYMORE AND HAVE NOT DONE SO FOR MONTHS, THE ONLY WAY THEY EAT IT IS WHEN THEY EAT THE LEFT OVER FROM DANIS BOWL WHEN I CANT SEE THEM!!!!! Dani eats his food downstairs he gets up and leaves the bowl no-one can be downstairs 24/7 watching them and you cant move bowls straight away. I ahve not said that i have no money for the dogs i didnt awhile ago but now we do apart from this month in which they have there food luckily. Where as we dont!!!

Guest snowdog

oh well thats alright then pheeeew, so its only 6% of cocoa, yep not enough to kill just slowly poison, thats all right then isnt it dont know why were all worried then, low amounts build to to big amounts least thats what i was told in school when i was 17, ppl have been poisoned slowly over many months then died! if you cant watch them then put them somewhere safe till you can!

theobromine is not like lead or mercury which has an accumulative effect on the body and will stay in the body for a number of years. theobromine instead will pass through the body it is only large consentrate doeses of this chemical that will harm the dog and i also stated that i am not feeding them any more chocolate. what about when your huskies try and eat furniture e.g. wood which contains toxic oils and paints or furniture that contains toxic dyes and presurvatives or tissue that is pure cellulose. So i stated that they cannot be watched all the time .

Guest snowdog

luckily my husklies have penty of toys and i have trained them not to chew, still in progress with shadow, 8 week old but he will be trained just the same , and i f cant watch them they all go in there beds all three of them were their safe, i dont need to know percentages on this that and the other cocoa is bad small and large its a known fact, youll learn i hope its not at your dogs expense!

Guest snowdog

well lets look at the amount of ppl on here that would be prepared to feed it to their dogs shall we, and my vets certainly wouldnt condone me feeding them cocoa pops, but hey if you like to do it and it makes you happy then carry on, and if you not gunna do it anymore, can i ask why? if it ok with ya vet and you obviously see nothing wrong with it!

I think most people on here have said what my thoughts are already on this.. I understand accidents happen thats why they are called an accidents, but you must learn from these accidents and do you upmost to prevent them happening again you must take precautions and look for accidents waiting to happen, i know how hard it is to watch your dogs 24/7 but once you take on that responsibility of having a dog then watching them comes part and parcel. I hope you are sticking to not feeding your dogs any form of chocolate what so ever as i would not like you to experience one day seeing your dog go through being so ill or even death knowing that you could have prevented this from happening. As snowdog said it is playing a game of russian roulette not a game to play by any means.. Things can be prevented...

Guest snowdog

I think most people on here have said what my thoughts are already on this.. I understand accidents happen thats why they are called an accidents, but you must learn from these accidents and do you upmost to prevent them happening again you must take precautions and look for accidents waiting to happen, i know how hard it is to watch your dogs 24/7 but once you take on that responsibility of having a dog then watching them comes part and parcel. I hope you are sticking to not feeding your dogs any form of chocolate what so ever as i would not like you to experience one day seeing your dog go through being so ill or even death knowing that you could have prevented this from happening. As snowdog said it is playing a game of russian roulette not a game to play by any means.. Things can be prevented...

DITTO! and a lot of members have kids and more dogs to worry about and we all manage, you say your only 17, that is not an excuse for poor judgement, usually ppl learn from advice given and thank ppl for it, i hope your dogs dont suffer i really do cos its them we are bothered about it states in all husky books chocolate is poison, it in the hazardas section, slap that down on ya vets table and ask questions as to how he got to become a vet and then listen to what ppl are telling you and stop being so stubborn!

Also unfortantly i know vets have trained well but they dont always give you the correct advice, take my word for that as i have just recently seen a friend beeen given advice from a vet for her dog which turned out to be incorrect advice which then resulted in another visit to the vets at more cost to them, and it could have turned out a lot worse, luckily it did not..

Ok now im asking you all to calm down, she has not come on here asking for a row she has asked for advice she has got advice there is no need to make her feel any worse than she probably already does! shura100 i would advise you not to give your dog anything chocolate related unless its a proper doggy treat, and i appologise if my posts earlier offended in anyway, i know you cant help if your dog gets it on the off chance its dropped my god Grey has snatched loads of the stuff when its dropped (yes Grey has had Choc going to start on me?), it cant be helped and accidents happen, do not agree with comments of taking the dogs off her and the word cruelty! its far from that serious and personally think you are all bang out of order!...

Shura100 i will ask again please stop giving Choc to you dog as it is dangerous, and im sure in someway post on here are ment well just put shitty! if you need some advice pm me and i will help you out........