PVA glue :(

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The R.S.P.C.A.'s Greater Manchester Animal Hospital,

411 Eccles New Road, Salford M5 2NN (Tel: 08709 085 311)

opening hours for open consultations are:

Monday to Friday 7:30am - 4pm.

Cassie - please ring them - it doesn't cost you anything and will ensure Shura is checked over and safe

Am I missing something here ?

Get that bloody dog to the vets NOW dint make the excuse you cant afford it you just got another dog why get a 2ND if you cant afford the bill for the 1ST one ?

You was told she sould be fully insured.

Get off your arse and your " Shura100 WOO am on the wii " sell it if you have to sell yourself but sort that dog now.

Now tell me am going over the top I dont care so long as Shura is ok.

Get back to me you got my number angry.gif

Im sorry but I have to agree .... I'm all for people asking for advice and things but you need to use some common sense. The last time you posted regarding shura you posted about feeding "whatever we can afford at the time" and about cocopops shortly before getting another dog, which at the time to be honest I thought was to put it bluntly irresponsible. If you have insurance you should have rang them up, that it what it is for. If you have excess it is money you should always have incase it is needed for your animals, and if you cannot do this then you shouldnt have them.

It could be a very small amount and need nothing but a bit of water and a good eye on her for a bit. It could be absolutly safe for what she has had. In the same respect IT COULD BE FATAL AND SHE COULD DIE!! We dont know because we are not vets, if we were we dont know what type of PVA glue it is, if we did we dont know exactly what is in it. You need to get to a vet and take the glue with you. There are emergency numbers all over the place for these kinds of things, there are free charity emergency vets all over the country for these kinds of things.

Ok no i did not take her to the vets as i rang them up instead and they said just to keep an eye on her and if she deteriated to take her back. As for the coco pops she likes them as a treat and as for Lola she has helped shura start eating. Many of you work and have enough money to take them to the vets for every little thing we only have 1 wage coming in which has to pay for food for everyone, rent, bills there is oftern money left over for the dogs in an emergancy but this month we have been short. I know shura well espacially when she is ill. I have read up MSDS on polyvinyl acetate and there is no known health effects. As for the wii i was at a friends house that day so its not mine at all. My dogs are the most important thing in the world besides my family. I like to treat my dogs to somthing different other then dog food and shes started eating everything since Lola came, Lola is shuras companion and i wouldnt change that because she is happier. As for the incident i was not with her it was michael who was and he said he couldnt be sure she licked the glue or the bowl. I posted as a precaution and for some advice not to be ridiculed.

Cassie - people aren't ridiculing you sad.gif They are worried about her

Dunc posted what he did because as her breeder, he was extremely concerned for her welfare.

I sent you a text yesterday asking if all was ok and you ignored me - people here care a great deal and were not ridiculing you in any way. I'm sorry that you took it that way.

But on the co co pops issue - surley you must see that it is so dangerous to feed them this - it is NOT dog food not even for treats - if you want to give them treats, give them cheese or bits of ham - something that they will like as much if not more than co co pops

Sarah im sorry but i didnt ignor you txt i havnt had my phone with me for the past few days as i have been ill in bed. If i didnt care for their well being i would not get out of bed to spend time with them would i ? I have asked the vet about coco pops and they said it is fine as treat every now and then. Its not like i give it to them everyday all cocopops are rice crispies with coco powder added to it not really harmful to them. If the vets said its alright every now and then its ok with me. I know you all care but there are ways to put things differently.

OMG i can't honestly believe that a vet would condone feeding a dog - especially a husky as they have such different food requirements to other breeds, co co pops. blink.gif

I just googled the ingredients and I now know why I wouldn't feed it my kids let alone my dogs...

Rice, Sugar, Chocolate (6%)(Sugar, Cocoa Mass), Fat Reduced Cocoa Powder, Calcium Carbonate, Salt, Glucose-Fructose Syrup, Barley Malt Flavouring, Flavouring, Niacin, Iron, Vitamin B6, Riboflavin (B2), Thiamin (B1), Folic Acid, Vitamin B12.

That is seriously not a good mix of things for a dog :(

I'm too tired to put into words what i mean so I cheated and googled lol

Found this site http://www.petcareworld.net/dogs/feeding-your-dog-a-balanced-diet

Basicall the first paragraph alone sums up what i've got swimming in my head

Your dog has specific needs when it comes to nutrition, and as the owner, it’s up to you to make sure that your dog is getting a complete and balanced diet.

Not only does Feeding Your Dog A Balanced Diet ensure your dog is happy, healthy enjoyable dog to be around, but the correct diet also ensures that your dog will be around for a lot longer.

I understand sarah and she gets everything she needs out of her biscuits she has them way more oftern the cocopops infacts she hasnt had them for a while now. And she doesnt always eat dog food so when she goes off her food i give her somthing she likes so that she will eat and doesnt go with out.

Dog food has most of those ingredients and the vitamins are good alone. I really feel to ill to carry this on i just wanted to get my point across. I dont want to fall out with anyone over this.

Oh no - i'm not trying to fall our with you far from it, if it's come across in that mannor then i appologise.

The point I was trying to make is that cereal is not good for dogs - my boys often go off their food but if they don't eat a meal then they go without and get no treats - give them a day or two and they munch right through their food as normal again - gotta let her know who's boss :)

hope you feel better soon