120Mb Bb

Dunc

I barely scrape in 1Mb I am 13 miles away from my exchange and haven't got a hope in hells chance of getting  a fibre connection this century.

YET. . . . 

About a mile and a half away is a Fibre connection Box.

But because that is on a different exchange I can't get it.

and I can't be reconnected to a different exchange.

When I retire. . .I'm Moving !!!

I barely scrape in 1Mb I am 13 miles away from my exchange and haven't got a hope in hells chance of getting  a fibre connection this century.

YET. . . . 

I would never have moved in  :P

I barely scrape in 1Mb I am 13 miles away from my exchange and haven't got a hope in hells chance of getting a fibre connection this century.

YET. . . .

This is mine on my mobile signal, not WIFI

post-2303-13808792303645_thumb.jpg

I am running a business out of my house and I also have 2 offices, one in California and the other in New York, the California Office is a SAS 70 Type II compliant data centers and has Multiple carrier options available (AT&T, MCI/Verizon, Level3,
AboveNet, XO, Cox, Time Warner Telecom and more) with multiple fiber route entrances to building. Which means if I turn off all of the servers and hook up a single PC to the mega switch, the speed of the internet is faster then my PC can take the data in and out. So I guess since I am running a Gig card for my network it would probably cap out at 1 GB down and 1 GB up. Although mathematically it would calculate to 2.56 TB/s times 3 so roughly about 8 TB/s.

The New York office is 50 down and 5 up.

Here in my house I am running a simple OC-128 line which is 6.2 GB/s but with 6 processing servers for print, media, traffic security (IP Cop Box), DVR (Security Camera's) and internet which I usually cap out at 760ish meg per second up and down. I also think that is a limitation of my hard drives, switch and NIC.

Sometimes the perks for an Internet based company is the hardware and software I get to blow money on.

Sorry if this sounds like bragging, I really didn't mean it that way, just thought someone would be interested in my setup, and if I would have just posted 6.2 GB/s and showed a speed test of 760ish MB per second that would have started a bunch of questions so I kind of went into more details than I needed to there :)

I HATE YOU ALL!!!!!!

I pay for and get 3MB.  But then this is just home use so it's tolerable.

<< Well, not all, some posted slower than me, sorry >>

I'm with you Al :angry:

I only get 5 mb ...  My parents claim they pay a lot for it but for people that make really decent money and since all of us watch movies a lot on our computers... 5mb is crappy especially if someone decides to stream HD ..

D: ...

Would totally kill for better download/upload speeds x_o