Windows 8

Dave

Performance wise, Windows 8 is great and better than Windows 7. UI wise it's just terrible fore desktops. I myself run Windows 8 on my laptop, but I've installed Start8 which adds a service that includes a start menu similar to Windows 7's, also allows you to remove charms (annoying corner pop-ups), you can also configure it to completely mask Metro, basically boot directly into the desktop environment and avoid Metro apps or anything Metro as much as possible. Once you install either Start8 or StartIsBack (those are payed, but are quite good) you won't really be frustrated with it, at least I was until I installed Start8.

Regards,

MirkoS

I think that pretty much sums up windows 8 to be honest

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I like it now that it is on windows 8.1 but I find that if you are using a laptop use a mouse other wise the start bar will keep on showing. well thats what happened on mine but I know that my next computer is going to be windows 7 as it is better for games and just better altogether.