Zoey Responding Very Well To "hike, Heel, Bypass"

zoey

this has to be the best walking technique ive used on zoey. We dont use any fancy collar, just a regular nylon collar. I use loose leesh in both hands, and if she gets ahead of me I say: "heel". I catch up to her making sure she doesnt move. When I pass her I say "hike" and she follows. And when shes sniffing or distracted I say "bypass".

Bypass is sort of unsure if its working, but Im trying to continue using bypass for her to leave stuff alone. "leave it" didnt work lol. 

this has to be the best walking technique ive used on zoey. We dont use any fancy collar, just a regular nylon collar. I use loose leesh in both hands, and if she gets ahead of me I say: "heel". I catch up to her making sure she doesnt move. When I pass her I say "hike" and she follows. And when shes sniffing or distracted I say "bypass".

Bypass is sort of unsure if its working, but Im trying to continue using bypass for her to leave stuff alone. "leave it" didnt work lol. 

Well done :up:

I use "Walk on!!" to get them to keep moving if they are getting very sniffy at something

EDIT: I NEED TO READ THE WHOLE POST!!!

Anyway, I brought up a good and I am sure talked about topic!!! Disregard my misinterpretation of letting Zoey loose!

Are you saying that you let Zoey run loose?!

I am sure I am not the only one who has thought about this, I was going to start a thred,"Has your Husky ever been loose"?

I am not sure Capo would come back if he got loose!! It happened once about a month ago. he got tangled up with one of his girlfriends[both on a leash] and my leash got unhooked by "Cherub's" collar! For 7 or 8 minutes Capo ran around Cherub as Cherub was still on a leash!! I calmly told him to sit and he listened!! I was so amazed and grateful because I have heard so many stories about siberians climbing fences, digging under them and just getting loose and they would be 30 miles away!

Thanks,,ciao,,,,,,,,uh  ohh!!,,,Roberto

no i would never let my husky loose unless she is in a fence in area. this is on leash commands for walking.

i tried "leave it" for a while, but she didnt get it. "hike" she got first, "heel" is taking more time, because, well she doesnt want to "heel" lol. she wants to go go go.