Stop Humping The Husky!!

Morning Everyone!

So the last couple of days my Cavalier King Charles will NOT stop humping my 17 week old Husky. 

It's morning , noon and night. The husky thinks the Cav is playing so starts biting on his ears etc which obviously then leads to handbags at the ready. I've been separating them and putting the pup out of the way but I don't want that to be the solution, because as soon as he's reintroduced it starts again!

I don't know whether he's picked up the scent of a bitch or can sense the pups high testosterone but he's utterly obsessed even if the pup is just laid quiet he'll go over and mount his head. It doesn't seem to be a dominance thing, almost like he can't help himself! 

What do I do?! I've always had bitches so never had this problem before.
I've seen something called Bitch spray, if it's the scent of a bitch will spraying this around the house stop him?  :rofl:

It's....starting...to ...get....awkward!  :duh: 

It's just weird it only started happening recently, we've had the pup for 9 weeks  :rofl:

They are both male so it sounds like you are right it's just over excitement, the rest of my family have bitches but none of them are in season at the moment. 

I think the pup is getting tired of him which is why he is snapping and starting fights, no matter how much the pup tells him off or we tell him off he's utterly obsessed, he is normally 99% obedient.

I'd probably bite someone who tried to hump me 24x7 as well 

I can see why my Mam always stuck with a pack of bitches!  

I am going to start putting him in the hall to cool off, I know pups testosterone will be at it's highest at the moment too. I have been tempted to take the Cav to be neutered but he is 9 years old so probably not much point. He never tries to hump any female dogs in my family only the boys.  :erm: 

Nikko does this all the time to Yukon.  Before Yukon would put up with it for awhile but now he will usually do a warning growl before turning around to bite his neck.  It never escalates but I think it is Nikko trying to get Yukon to play