Were Getting A New Puppy But Its Not A Husky Pics Not For The Faint Hearted

so im friends with a lot of the staff at a near by pets at home, couple of them are on my Facebook. one of them put a pic up of this pup who had been found by a customer and they had taken this dog in. the dog was found wondering down the road next to a motor way, skin and bones sores all over its body. The day before a look a likely pup had been brought in the vets. This poor dog is about 13 weeks old you can see tho her skin at the back of her hocks, she doesn't know how to walk play eat chew or even be a puppy.

So my friend niccki called me and said can you bring rogue in to meet the puppy so i was there within 4 mins and meet this dog, to touch her was just heart breaking she looked in to my eyes and you could tell she had been tho such a rough time, she smelt as if she was in a river, she very emaciated weak and only walked round the store today with rogue.

Rogue was good as gold with this poor pup licked her and knew there was something up with her so thought she was mother, the staff then said we thought you would be the best person to re-home her as you know what ur doing with dogs that have weight problems, ur always in with rogue so we can always see her, i was like yes i will have her. She by law has to be up lost for 28 days to see if any one comes forward and when they do they will get it from me ! 

now to break it to the other half lets just say he was not happy but i know when he meets her he will fall in love with her and shes so cute shes a saluki puppy i have put pics up but they are not for the faint hearted, shes been nick names "figet" if you have any names let me know

post-9643-0-87838200-1377902260_thumb.jppost-9643-0-10186400-1377902325_thumb.jppost-9643-0-42547900-1377902332_thumb.jp 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God. The look of hopelessness in her eyes in The top picture is devastating. Poor baby, some people are beyond help. What on earth could make someone think this is an acceptableway to treat a living creature?

Edited by emma1979

yea i think shes a saluki puppy?

She looks like a saluki cross, although some whippet features it's more along the lines of saluki. I am so glad that you found her and if someone claimed her I would probably press charges for animal neglect and abuse as you can obviously tell there isn't something right with her. Way too thin even for a whippet or saluki which should show ribs there is NO way she should show that much ribs, also her hair is almost gone and her owners should have brought her straight to the vet and if they say they can't afford it then they obviously have no means for a dog. Just make sure you document everything within the next 28 days so if someone does come in, charges can be pressed and she can go to a loving home instead of back with them which is obviously a a death wish!!!!

Aw...poor thing. :(

I've looked up some pictures, and from what I can tell, she looks a little bit like a Saluki. The long dangling hair on the ears and snout give it away?

I have no experience with these types of dogs, though, so I'm just speculating. 

For names...how about Aluki or Ara?

I think she's more like a saluki mix, but we'll see. Can't be so sure before she grows up. She's beautiful no matter what though :wub: glad to know she's in good hands now :) 

Name suggestions:

Kalila = beloved

Numa = beautiful

Nasira = helper

Farah = joy

they're all Arabic because sighthounds usually come from desert areas and no other country represents deserts better :)

Hey guys, 

Update so we have had puppy for 2 days now and she is doing so well she still doesnt know how to play but is learning from her big sister rogue, rogue is still very upset with me for bringing this pup in but she will just have to husky up and deal with it. we have named her "summer"  soooooooooooooooooooooo lovley i think now shes starting to put weight on shes a lucher puppy.

Shes still reg as being lost and has so for 28 days but police and blues cross have said she pretty much ours shes going vets on Monday for a heath check up and possible injections if shes heavy enough. below are some pics 

post-9643-0-11345000-1378307409_thumb.jp

post-9643-0-04404400-1378307420_thumb.jp

post-9643-0-58953000-1378307426_thumb.jp