Upgrading To Iphone 5S?

Jay

I know most of you guys in the UK don't use iPhones, so for the rest of you, do you plan on upgrading to the newest iPhone went it is announced next month?

I currently have a iPhone 4S, and I am eligible for a discount through AT&T.  I am really thinking of upgrading after the 5S comes out.

First, I can go on gazelle.com and they will give me $230 USD for my old iPhone.  And if I just upgrade to the iPhone 5 instead of the 5S, it should be about $299 for it, or only about $70 after the discount. 

Wondering if anyone else is thinking of getting it, or if I should just keep my 4S

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was never a fan of iPhones either.  My first "smartphone" was a blackberry, and I HATED it!  Then, I upgraded to an Android phone by HTC.  It was very small, but I really liked it...but after awhile it was really slow, and I had a big problem with running out of memory.  I could expand it by getting a MicroSD card, but most applications would not save to the card.

I got my iPhone in January 2012 and I LOVE it!  I really want to upgrade, even though there is nothing wrong with mine LOL.  I just like having the newest stuff lol.

iPhones. . . Bah, humbug !!

Beautifully designed (thanks Jony) average phones.

But hey, horses for courses.

If you think it's a good deal and you have the disposables. . . go for it :)

:doglaugh: Somehow I knew you were gunna say bah humbug !

iPhones. . . Bah, humbug !!

Beautifully designed (thanks Jony) average phones.

But hey, horses for courses.

If you think it's a good deal and you have the disposables. . . go for it :)

Yeah, I have the white 4S, and I think I would stick with that color...unless they come out with a graphite one, that would be cool.  Good thing my contact renewal is up on the 31st, just in time for September 10th!!

Yeah, the problem with the HTC I bought is it was SMALL and had little storage.  I don't even think they make it anymore, it was the HTC Aria.  I loved the way the operating system was though.  I am sure that if I got a different one I would like it better...but I got sucked into the iPhone!

Yeah, the problem with the HTC I bought is it was SMALL and had little storage.  I don't even think they make it anymore, it was the HTC Aria.  I loved the way the operating system was though.  I am sure that if I got a different one I would like it better...but I got sucked into the iPhone!

Shhh, the iPhone is a lie, you should move to Android :P :P

This compares 3 phones.  The middle one was the HTC phone I had, and the one on the right is the iPhone.  I think the first one is the  Evo. 

I liked the Aria because it was small in size.  I don't like big phones...which is the only drawback with the new iPhone, I think it is slightly bigger than the 4

post-7184-0-36867300-1377718454.jpg

I have the s4, great phone! Much better than any iPhone Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

It's like we are on the same wave length. S4 here as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Today is the day!!

They will be available on Friday Sept. 20th!

They will have Silver, Grey and GOLD!

And they will also have cheaper ones based off the iPhone 5 called the IPhone 5C that are $100 cheaper than the 5S.  Those will have plastic backs and come in like 5 colors

I was originally hoping that the regular iPhone 5 would be offered at a discount but they are not doing that this year.  So I am still thinking if upgrading if I can get the $230 for my iPhone 4S and I'd get the Silver 5S. 

Sooooooo getting the new one when its released :) love my iPhone :wub: