Tv/broadband Etc

Stormy

In my experience Sky are the better. When I was with Virgin and ran into difficulties they wouldn't listen to my problems and try to help they were just interested in getting their money. When you phone them the first thing that's brought up is your bill and how would you like to pay it. No such problems with Sky at all. Try to shop around for a good deal as well. They can be had. Even if you phone the same company twice. Different operators will give you different deals. Not sure how they do that one but when I got my deal from Sky my daughter phoned up 10 minutes later and got a better deal. Happy hunting.

Gary.

I had virgin before and the service was disgraceful but that was over a year ago. Not sure I'll be able to get virgin either will check.

I quite like sky it's been quite good here so will look at what they can offer

I got a sky package for unlimited anytime phone, broadband lite and the entertainment package with hd channels. don't do films or sport and I am paying about 55 a month. With changing addresses, getting licences and sorting out energy providers I couldn't be arsed to look into separate broadband providers and stuff. that can be done in a year or so when I haven't got so much else on. also when I have been here a year I can go on comparison sites  to see different stuff

After watching Marc struggle on Sky bb for years I would not touch um :( Been with Virgin for about 20 happy years when you ask for 60mb like i'm on you get it not a promise of 20mb unlimited and lucky if you get 5mb :( 

After watching Marc struggle on Sky bb for years I would not touch um :( Been with Virgin for about 20 happy years when you ask for 60mb like i'm on you get it not a promise of 20mb unlimited and lucky if you get 5mb :(

Actually Sky started off badly, but once they were established around here they weren't too bad. Was never gonna get a decent speed without being on a cable line, but got up to around 10mb eventually. Reality is they are probably about the best of a bad bunch if you cant get fibre. Main thing is I didnt get much downtime with Sky, so that was good.

The broadband here has been fine with Sky

I think for most Sky would be OK simply because like you they play of Facebook and forums and if thats what they do you would never have speed problems which is the type of consumers Sky atraked.

Its when you do things like stream HD content or want a 3-4 gig file in ten mins and not ten hours like I require ;) 

I think for most Sky would be OK simply because like you they play of Facebook and forums and if thats what they do you would never have speed problems which is the type of consumers Sky atraked.

Its when you do things like stream HD content or want a 3-4 gig file in ten mins and not ten hours like I require ;)

Yeah see i only need it for FB, husky owners etc lol

have always been with sky the 3 and a bit years ive had the house.

currently paying about £40 a month for the base tv pack and unlimited fibre/phone.  when i took out the fibre on a 12 month contract i had free line rental for the year.

have never had a problem with them.

you can work it out cheaper still if you have a family member/friend willing to give out their sky go account details and you have a device to watch it on.

i use my xbox and my m8s details to stream skysports and movies for free effectively.

Virgin is unbeatable for consistant high speed.  It always has been.   They started it all on the fibre optic cable.   Sky and BT  now try and make out that 'High speed fibre is here'

It always has been here with cable !!    I am on 60 mb speed and get 62 constantly.   I take no notice of 'customer service better than so and so'  like Baulk Baulk claim.  If you have a rubbish product to start with - well enough said about them.