Frustrated

jmscott

So my cousin (I don't know her well, mostly through Facebook) came to me three months ago wanting a Siberian pup. We don't have any litters planned so I had her fill out an application and sent it along to a couple of good, ethical breeders who were expecting puppies this fall. I made sure she understood that this could take time, and since she didn't have a fence, or even a stable residence for at least another 4 months (military), the breeders may ask her to wait until she gets in a house. She was fine with that and very willing to learn how to take the best care of a new puppy, and ended up being an approved home for FOUR breeders. We gave her the lists of what makes a good breeder good and red flags for bad breeders. They were aware she was asking multiple people and we all helped her decide on the best one. She sent in her app and was put on their list of interested buyers and friended on facebook to keep in touch and up to date.

Then it was all thrown in the toilet. A couple days ago she put up a picture of their new puppy. A German Shepherd Dog. Bought from a person who didn't bother deworming or treating the dogs for fleas. And who also didn't bother telling her that the puppy was four weeks old at two pounds eight ounces. She is now getting all the 'cute puppy's' and awww's. But doesn't know that a four week old puppy can't produce it's own heat and a blanket in the bathroom at night is not enough, and that at four weeks old it has no hope of controlling when it goes to the bathroom so there are no 'accidents' it is all just like an infant. They go wherever they happen to be at the moment. She also had no idea what a puppy that small needed to eat.

So now she is on four different 'do not sell' lists rather than four 'waiting' lists. Well five, including my own...

Feeling disappointed in the human race.

So sad.

Some people "just have to have it"

and won't wait.

I hope the pup survives and doesn't have any health problems.

If you can give her any advice. . . . 

Work on bite inhibition. 

aw, Jaimie, what a sad situation - you would have hoped she'd listen to you with being family and all; going to so much trouble with the "what to look out for" lists etc. I hope the pup will be OK and she at least listens to any further advice you give to help her with this pup