How Long Did It Take To Toilet Train Your Husky?

zoey took over 6 months. she understood to go outside really quickly within the first month, but then she regressed and started going inside whenever she felt like it. she would go inside sometimes and go outside sometimes.

it took us a long time before she was house trained.

she also regressed badly when the weather changed from winter to summer, as soon as the snow was gone she didnt want to go outside anymore.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have house trained four foster pups since the beginning of the year and there is loads of very good advice above.  Patience, patience and patience with loads of praise and getting them outside as soon as they have eaten or just as they have woken up.  Some pups learn faster than others; some you think have cracked it and then regress.  I use an animal disinfectant/deoderiser to try and stop them going where I don't want them to go and use loads of newspaper at night time in case of accidents.  I don't use crates as one of my huskies had a bad experience with them prior to coming to me and hates them.  I have even found for one pup that taking the newspaper out on the back patio seemed to help the youngster to understand that they needed to go to toilet outside once he had cracked the paper training.

Zoey left mama at 11 weeks. And their breeder allowed them access to the outside with a doggie door and fenced in backyard. So shes used to being outside for pottying. Thankfully she has only had 2 accidents so far and we've had her for about 3 days. Shes still doing good. She'll usually go to the door and scratch it to be let out.

We've had Zoey for about 5 days now and shes been getting the hang of it. Shes had about 4 accidents but thats usually at night when were in bed. Other than that during the day she'll go to the door or scratch at it to go out. We usually take her out every hour and especially after drinking and playing. We also dont give her water or food at night when were asleep but she gets water all the time during the day and food twice a day.

Jack is a little more then a year and half old now I have not uploaded any recent pics of him those in my avatar are some of the early ones from when hes was about 6 months old :) I always paraise him and tell him what a good boy he is when he does go outside