Rumours

Marc

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a few times in life, when you happen upon something that is really unique, really special. Sometimes, you are fortunate to realize what you have found, and sometimes you completely miss out. This forum is truly one of those really unique and special places. I guess since I am in the Colonies instead of in the UK, I like many members, are not able to interact with those in the UK, other than through this forum, and so don't become entangled in the type of situation that Marc eluded to. That being said, I suppose anything is possible given how some people can be.

I was very fortunate to visit the UK a few tears ago, and Marc and Sarah drove from their home on a Sunday to pick me up at my hotel to meet some other members and their Huskies, and spend an afternoon in Thetford Forest. Without a doubt, it was the highlight of my trip. They had never met me, other than through this forum. They had no idea if I was normal or whacked out. And yet they went out of their way to make a visitor from another country, feel at home.

Now I am nobody special. I'm not famous, and I'm certainly not a person that others would go out of their way to meet. But Marc and Sarah went out of their way. Not because it was me, but because of this forum, because I was like a lot of you, a member of this forum. I don't claim to have a clue to what the issue is. But I do know that Marc and Sarah are two people whom I consider to be not only my friends, but two people who have strong convictions and dedication to this forum and to the breed that we all love, the Siberian Husky.

It is because of this forum, that I am a better Husky Owner than I would be without this forum. It is because of this forum, that I have friends that I have never met, like Val, Linda, Sparks, Nix, Dunc, Jason, Storm, Jos, oh yes, and Andy. There's also Al in Texas, Rosemary in South Africa, Olivia over in the South Pacific area, and the list goes on. There are also some friends whom I have met because of this forum; Gigi and Becky from right here in Iowa. Brian from Texas, who this past year lost his beloved Sid, and a few others.

This place has been very special to so many. I hope you realize that, and that you are not one of those missing out. I hope, that whatever the issue is, that Marc and Sarah are able to put it in the past sooner than later. In the meantime, I encourage all of you that enjoy this forum, to take an active role in supporting the staff and other members, by posting in response to questions about Huskies, share your photos, and your daily experiences with your furbabies, and do so in such a manner as to encourage positive reinforcement for those with questions and to focus on helping your fellow Husy-Owners.

Edit: Still cannot spell for the life of me.

Edited by Mazz

There are a few times in life, when you happen upon something that is really unique, really special. Sometimes, you are fortunate to realize what you have found, and sometimes you completely miss out. This forum is truly one of those really unique and special places. I guess since I am in the Colonies instead of in the UK, I like many members, are not able to interact with those in the UK, other than through tis forum, and so don't become entangled in the type of situation that Marc eluded to. That being said, I suppose anything is possible given how some people can be.

I was very fortunate to visit the UK a few tears ago, and Marc and Sarah drove from their home on a Sunday to pick me up at my hotel to meet some other members and their Huskies, and spend an afternoon in Thetford Forest. Without a doubt, it was the highlight of my trip. They had never met me, other than through this forum. They had no idea if I was normal or whacked out. And yet they went out of their way to make a visitor from another country, feel at home.

Now I am nobody special. I'm not famous, and I'm certainly not a person that others would go out of their way to meet. But Marc and Sarah went out of their way. Not because it was me, but because of this forum, because I was like a lot of you, a member of this forum. I don't claim to have a clue to what the issue is. But I do know that Marc and Sarah are two people whom I consider to be not only my friends, but two people who have strong convictions and dedication to this forum and to the breed that we all love, the Siberian Husky.

It is because of this forum, that I am a better Husky Owner than I would be without this forum. It is because of this forum, that I have friends that I have never met, like Val, Linda, Sparks, Nix, Dunc, Jason, Storm, Jos, oh yes, and Andy. There's also Al in Texas, Rosemary in South Africa, Olivia over in the South Pacific area, and the list goes on. There are also some friends whom I have met because of this forum; Gigi and Becky from right here in Iowa. Brian from Texas, who this past year lost his beloved Sid, and a few others.

This place has been very special to so many. I hope you realize that, and that you are not one of those missing out. I hope, that whatever the issue is, that Marc and Sarah are able to put it in the past sooner than later. In the meantime, I encourage all of you that enjoy this forum, to take an active role in supporting the staff and other members, by posting in response to questions about Huskies, share your photos, and your daily experiences with your furbabies, and do so in such a manner as to encourage positive reinforcement for those with questions and to focus on helping your fellow Husy-Owners.

Hear, hear. . . couldn't have said it half as well Dave :)

There are a few times in life, when you happen upon something that is really unique, really special. Sometimes, you are fortunate to realize what you have found, and sometimes you completely miss out. This forum is truly one of those really unique and special places. I guess since I am in the Colonies instead of in the UK, I like many members, are not able to interact with those in the UK, other than through tis forum, and so don't become entangled in the type of situation that Marc eluded to. That being said, I suppose anything is possible given how some people can be.

Well said! I couldn't agree or say it better myself!

I know, without question, that if not for this forum and the advice and support I have received, my Chula would be dead. And I mean that literally, not just that it's saved me from tossing her out of a moving car. It literally saved her life when she was vomiting and catatonic.

I have only been around 5 months or so, but I know this forum is a puppy life saver. I would be in real trouble without it! I don't know Marc or Sarah personally but I love the way this forum is run.

Edited by Chula

WTF ... if certain people dont like the forum why dont they just leave it for all those who love it .... always a minority who have to spoil things for the majority.. keep up the good work Marc n Saz ... and all the mods ...

Well said Mazz :)

I have nothing but great things to say about this forum its the only forum I'm a member of that I find myself checking several times a day (very addictive). Everyone on here are extremely helpful and don't judge you if you do something that might not be what they would do.

Some people just don't have anything better to do with there lives other than try to screw it up for everyone else!

Keep up the great work you guys put In to this forum we love you all for it! Hope you get it all sorted soon Marc after everything you, Sarah and all the other staff do for this place you don't deserve to be put through anything like this.

I hope you get everything sorted out.. I would really hate to see this forum be shut down.. I love this place. I'm not the most active member and no one really knows me that well and vice versa, but still, I have received some great advice for the few issues I've had with Keira, as well as what to expect with the breed when I joined last year and was still researching. Not to mention I would really miss seeing all of the gorgeous and handsome Huskies!

This is a bloody great forum you have here. Really helpful and knowledgeable people and super friendly what what I have seen and experienced. I can't imagine what someone would seek to gain by slagging off the admin and forum???

I can't really imagine that possibly the greatest community I've found on the internet is having such issues. What would someone gain by bashing this community? You have your own separate forum? You want to lead this one? Childish! Been around for only a few months, but I already love it here and I highly doubt that someone could do damage to this community.

I can't really imagine that possibly the greatest community I've found on the internet is having such issues. What would someone gain by bashing this community? You have your own separate forum? You want to lead this one? Childish! Been around for only a few months, but I already love it here and I highly doubt that someone could do damage to this community.

they try...

but we bounce back

usuallu

If this place is closed down they one/ones responsible will be sorry for the rest of their lives I will make it VERY PERSONAL I WILL RUIN YOU..........................

Best advice is bury your head say nothing and hope this goes away 

I don't know what's gone on or what's been said, but I think threatening people is getting a bit harsh... Especially as there has been nothing mentioned about what the rumours are.

I don't want to see this place closed down, but at the same time, I do believe that this place shouldn't be used to threaten people....

Until we know what has actually happened, people shouldn't start throwing threats around, as this just leads to more issues, and makes an unpleasant atmosphere on here....

I'll assume u mean duncs post n I'll think his reaction is towards the fact people are doin this towards his son mainly n the forum second , without dunc aswell as marc n Sarah this place probably wouldn't still be around or even exist due to saskia and wolf too , it might seem harsh but I think duncs reaction is very well justified ,, imo this is

I don't know what's gone on or what's been said, but I think threatening people is getting a bit harsh... Especially as there has been nothing mentioned about what the rumours are.

I don't want to see this place closed down, but at the same time, I do believe that this place shouldn't be used to threaten people....

Until we know what has actually happened, people shouldn't start throwing threats around, as this just leads to more issues, and makes an unpleasant atmosphere on here....

Whilst I agree Robert, the comment regarding taking legal action should I find any such comments to be untrue was not a threat. It was a statement. I have put an absolutely massive amount of work into this forum and I will not see it ruined by anyone. I do not mind doing something incorrect, I will defend myself but will not hide from anything. I do not mind being openly targetted by someone, again I will defend myself. What I do mind however is underhand tactics, quiet whispers, and conversations about the site, about me, and said to bring the site down or make me do what another individual wants. It is not going to happen its as plain and simple as that. Not a single person has the common decency or guts to even tell me anything about it, and these are people I considered to be my friends. It takes one single conversation and suddenly everything you have ever done is completely ignored and your some evil person. Its not on, and I wont stand for it from anyone. Hope you can understand that.

Whilst I agree Robert, the comment regarding taking legal action should I find any such comments to be untrue was not a threat. It was a statement. I have put an absolutely massive amount of work into this forum and I will not see it ruined by anyone. I do not mind doing something incorrect, I will defend myself but will not hide from anything. I do not mind being openly targetted by someone, again I will defend myself. What I do mind however is underhand tactics, quiet whispers, and conversations about the site, about me, and said to bring the site down or make me do what another individual wants. It is not going to happen its as plain and simple as that. Not a single person has the common decency or guts to even tell me anything about it, and these are people I considered to be my friends. It takes one single conversation and suddenly everything you have ever done is completely ignored and your some evil person. Its not on, and I wont stand for it from anyone. Hope you can understand that.

Please don't get me wrong, I understand what you're saying, and you have every right to defend you, your family, this site and the reputation. However, the one thing I don't agree with is other people's comments. At the end of the day, no-one knows what's happened or what the rumours are. So to see comments such as "I will personally ruin your life" do come across as very threatening, especially as no-one knows who it's aimed at. I completely understand why you started this post, but for others to post negative comments when no-one knows what's happened is a bit unfair and can be seen as being aggressive.

These are my personal opinions, I don't mean to sound off hand, just voicing my concerns :)

Are you 100% sure something's going on and its not just crossed wires? It's just that so many of us are confused whats happening here, and surely if things were going on, someone must know something?

Either way, take care Marc. Xxx

Are you 100% sure something's going on and its not just crossed wires? It's just that so many of us are confused whats happening here, and surely if things were going on, someone must know something?

Either way, take care Marc. Xxx

Oh I know people do.. I even have a clear idea of who knows. Unfortunatly people incorrectly think Im blind/stupid/both.

Personally I have to idea whats going on. I don't come on here much but I love this forum also friendly and helpful and it doesn't matter how long you've been away your always welcomed back with open arms. I've met some awesome people and made some amazing friends just from this forum. X

Personally I have to idea whats going on. I don't come on here much but I love this forum also friendly and helpful and it doesn't matter how long you've been away your always welcomed back with open arms. I've met some awesome people and made some amazing friends just from this forum. X

Same here. When we first got Kodiak, we had advice from people. We've some amazing friends on here.

Please don't get me wrong, I understand what you're saying, and you have every right to defend you, your family, this site and the reputation. However, the one thing I don't agree with is other people's comments. At the end of the day, no-one knows what's happened or what the rumours are. So to see comments such as "I will personally ruin your life" do come across as very threatening, especially as no-one knows who it's aimed at. I completely understand why you started this post, but for others to post negative comments when no-one knows what's happened is a bit unfair and can be seen as being aggressive.

These are my personal opinions, I don't mean to sound off hand, just voicing my concerns :)

Your concerns are more than justified Robert as are mine and although you think they come across as threatening they are not its a promise...

How do you expect me to react this is my son we are talking about here not some member I happen to know or friends with...

This is a open forum which can be read by anyone and as I can see is already being talked about by the person/persons thats started it in the 1st place.

OK, point has been made anyways. Closing this topic now as this is not what the forum is about.

I will be honest, some of the people involved I saw as good friends. This has now shown quite clearly that unfortunately I cannot trust anyone on the forum I previously thought that I could. I dont want anything from this place other than to give people a place to chat about their huskies and enjoy each others company along with made like minded friends. Not for all this kind of stuff.