Run/kennel Advice

Firstly let me say Hi' it's been ages since I was last on here, been so busy becoming a dad and with work.

Secondly I have been looking into investing into a large dog run, and am in need of advice where are the best places to look? And if any of you have purchased one what was your experience. Also what size should be sufficient as I'm hopefully adding to my pack soon and when I go out an am unable to take them I want to keep them safe and sheltered. (Where they can't destroy my house)

Ideally I want something at least 4m x 2m with a 2m x 2m shelter housing. I also need it to be roofed.

I've seen galvanised steel cage panels and kits like what I require but as its such a large purchase for me I'm hunting to save as much money as possible.

Thank you for reading and any advice is greatly welcomed.

• 3 months later...

Hi i'm going to be building my own kennel and run early next year. we have brought a load of second hand paving slabs then a small shed for shelter and using heras fencing this is the cheapest way we found to do it xx

• 3 weeks later...

I've built my own kennel and run for my 2 huskies, the kennel is 5 ft square and 6 1/2 ft tall with a second level on so they can have their own space if needed it has been insulated also, it has a close to 6 ft run attached this was build with wood and deer livestock fencing roll, i've also used the same roll to build the perimeter inside the garden so they have their own space during  along with over 4 tons of top soil and pathing flags and cast gates the lowest it stand is 2 meters tall but i have put 1/2 meter catch fence in the lower areas so they cant jump over i will put pics up when i get chance to but they enjoy living there and have done since april the deer fence cost me 139.99 plus vat but its 50 meters long and just over 2 meters tall so well worth a look at if your thinking about this 

I had a summerhouse until Grumpy decided on building outdoor runs for our lot! He has lined the walls with plywood & insulation, it has a raised area inside that they can jump on or lie underneath. The main section can house 2 or 3 dogs. There is a seperate section built inside with a lid & dog flap that is suitable for 1 dog. They can't see in to each others pens internally but outside in the run, they can see through the run bars to each other. Ours are the galvanised 2m x 2m panels, we got them from a mushing group at a really good rate. There are two 1m doors too & we have staggered it to fit round the summerhouse. The side run also has a roof over the run section unlike the larger outdoor area.