Husky Shows Teeth When Playing

Hi, we have a Siberian husky that is now 5 months old.

When I walk him he's well behaved. If I tell him to sit he will sit straight away. When I've been out and I come home hell run over for a good fuss and will always come to me first if I come home with other members of the family at the same time.

The problem is when we are playing with a toy or without he starts to show his teeth sometimes. He doesn't do this with anyone else. Even when he's tired if I'm sat down hell lie under my legs and he crys when I go out.

Can anyone give me advice on what's going on? How can he be so "attached" to me more than anyone else, but only show his teeth to me? =\

Thanks,

Luke

First off Welcome to the forum.

Please go to the Introductions section and post a little about yourself and some Pics of the puppy :)

It's not unusual for a dog to fixate more on one person than another.

At five months the pup is starting to get a sense of self and will start to make his own decisions, resulting in behaviour that

to us is naughty or unreasonable.

Ah right I see, so is it a matter of keep making him know its a bad thing to do and then he'll grow out of it? Or am I doing something wrong?

He may not even be doing anything overtly agressive in showing his teeth.

what is his body posture like when he does it.

Huskies play hard even as puppies.

and people who have never seen this can confuse it for full on aggression.

I read the body language post. He's never in an aggressive posture or fearful, I suppose he just gets more hyper than anything, he try's to chew my hands but not biting, I'm still telling him no and teaching him not to do it, was just worried about him showing his teeth

I read the body language post. He's never in an aggressive posture or fearful, I suppose he just gets more hyper than anything, he try's to chew my hands but not biting, I'm still telling him no and teaching him not to do it, was just worried about him showing his teeth

Ahhhhh, he's mouthing.

that's quite normal.

if he holds your hand firmer than you like or is nipping.

Then pull your hand back with a loud OW !!

he'll soon learn that he's hurting you and be more gentle.

Bite inhibition is something that is learned.

get a rag, wet it, twist it into a rope (bone) shape and put it in the freezer until it freezes, then give him that

it will be cool on his gums and give him something to chew on.

Daughtry (black and white) was only 6 months old in this Pic 

Darwin and Daughtry Playfighting.

post-1354-0-81639500-1362015174.jpg

All 4 here show teeth when playing, it's getting to know your dog and what each growl, lip curl etc mean (along with the other telltale signs of tail wagging, ears upright etc) but it does sound like puppy play to me. Maybe take a video so we can see what you mean so we can ccomment further :D

As for sticking with you, all 4 here stick to me like velcro but that's because I feed them, etc so I'm their leader

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk HD

Mine bear teeth all the time. Its always when they play. It scares my daughter (who is 6), or anyone else, because she thinks they are fighting. Luna even gives me "smiles" with belly rubs. To people who don't know her think she is gonna bite my head off, I'm just over here roughing her up saying "look at those pretty teeth! Such a pretty smile!!"