Nikon Af-S Dx Nikkor 55-300Mm F/4.5-5.6G Ed Vr

Dunc

Looks like a good lens (as far as I can tell, I only have Canon lenses to compare with). I have a similar zoom lens, except that it does 75-300mm and has less features. Your diafragma is nearly the same as mine which means that the lens is no good at low light conditions! The more you zoom in, the more light you need. Though yours is better quality so it may differ a bit. Note that the stabiliser uses more battery when turned on. You probably only need it when it's cloudy outside or when you want to film with it. Other than that, looks like a good lens!

Zoom lenses are always great fun to play with. They're especially great with animals because you can make photos of them without them noticing you.

Looks like a good lens (as far as I can tell, I only have Canon lenses to compare with). I have a similar zoom lens, except that it does 75-300mm and has less features. Your diafragma is nearly the same as mine which means that the lens is no good at low light conditions! The more you zoom in, the more light you need. Though yours is better quality so it may differ a bit. Note that the stabiliser uses more battery when turned on. You probably only need it when it's cloudy outside or when you want to film with it. Other than that, looks like a good lens!

Zoom lenses are always great fun to play with. They're especially great with animals because you can make photos of them without them noticing you.

Thanks Jos appreciate the input :) 

So when are you getting Sue the rest of the camera.. . . ??? :)

Thinking of replacing the one we have now with a  Nikon D5200 :)

Nice piece of Kit. :up:

May need your advise on lenses for the Canon at some point Jos :)

May need your advise on lenses for the Canon at some point Jos :)

Sure! But note I'm not an expert on this too ;)  Sites like http://lenshero.com/ are really good with writing the the specifications in plain English. I'd suggest using the compare tool to compare the lens you want to buy with the lens you currently have and research the things that are different and what they do to the picture quality.

Sure! But note I'm not an expert on this too ;)  Sites like http://lenshero.com/ are really good with writing the the specifications in plain English. I'd suggest using the compare tool to compare the lens you want to buy with the lens you currently have and research the things that are different and what they do to the picture quality.

Cool Thanks :) I have no clue about different lenses etc but sure i will want to get some at some point when i figure the camera out a bit more!