Remembering My Boy Sid

I can't believe it's been 2 1/2 months since Sid left me.  He gave me 10 of the happiest years of my life and couldn't have asked for a better friend than him.  Some days I feel like it's not fair and he was taken too soon.  He was an amazing husky and he will be so missed by Bella and myself.  He loved the outdoors and he loved to show off his smile.    I'm gonna miss our walks together. :(  I miss and LOVE you lots Sid!!

http://youtu.be/sD2gd_FKvzE

Brian, I don't think there has ever been a human so dedicated to his dog, nor a dog so dedicated to his human, than you and Sid. I know you miss him so. He was a very special Husky. Thank you so much for sharing your memories of Sid. It really gives a better understanding of how important life is, not only for us, but for man's best friend. I'm sure Sid lives on.

I'm thankful that we got to meet Sid at our first Iowa Camp..........a special husky, so deserving of the wonderful life you provided for him, Brian. Your dedication and love for Sid (and Bella) are amazing. 

What a wonderful tribute and an absolutely perfect song to set it to.

Bless you :wub:

Brian, I don't think there has ever been a human so dedicated to his dog, nor a dog so dedicated to his human, than you and Sid. I know you miss him so. He was a very special Husky. Thank you so much for sharing your memories of Sid. It really gives a better understanding of how important life is, not only for us, but for man's best friend. I'm sure Sid lives on.

Thanks Dave. Life is short...I only had him for 10 short years.:( Sid definitely lives on, not a day goes by that I don't think about him. :)

I'm thankful that we got to meet Sid at our first Iowa Camp..........a special husky, so deserving of the wonderful life you provided for him, Brian. Your dedication and love for Sid (and Bella) are amazing. 

What a wonderful tribute and an absolutely perfect song to set it to.

Bless you :wub:

I'm really happy he was able to make it to camp in 2011.  He loved it. :)  I've been holding on to this song for a few years...was just hoping I didn't have to use it so soon. :(  I've got another vid I'm going to share of the last part of his journey in life.  There's so much I miss about him.  I miss coming home to him and seeing those beautiful brown eyes.  I miss just sitting with him and loving on him(he had a beautiful coat!).  And I REALLY miss our weekend walks together...NOTHING better than that.  It's still really hard to watch my videos of him on You Tube.  My boy is gone. :(  :cry1:

I'm really happy he was able to make it to camp in 2011.  He loved it. :)  I've been holding on to this song for a few years...was just hoping I didn't have to use it so soon. :(  I've got another vid I'm going to share of the last part of his journey in life.  There's so much I miss about him.  I miss coming home to him and seeing those beautiful brown eyes.  I miss just sitting with him and loving on him(he had a beautiful coat!).  And I REALLY miss our weekend walks together...NOTHING better than that.  It's still really hard to watch my videos of him on You Tube.  My boy is gone. :(  :cry1:

He's only gone from your side...........he will never be truly gone. With a bond like you have with him, he remains near -  you may not always notice, but he is. I still feel a soft brush of fur against my leg or catch a glimpse of Bo on the couch when I least expect it. Sometimes its in a particular face or reaction that Ryn gives that I see him again. 

I'm looking forward the video of the last of the journey you two shared. No one could have provided him more, loved him more, or bonded with him more than you. 

While we love the ones who are with us now, there is always that one linked soul........for you, it's Sid. They know.......we know, but still, we have no other choice than to let another in to our lives and into our hearts. It's not an attempt to recapture what we had, rather an attempt to become the person they wanted us to be - to love, to laugh, to live another day. To do so in honor of them.....they would never want us alone.

Blessings........I understand.  It's been over three years without Bo and while some days the memories make me smile, there are other days I spend in tears, wiping them on Ryn's neck and face. She understands and knows it will be the same when it is her time to leave me, meanwhile she loves me unconditionally and knows I feel the same. She, too is my heart, as Petunia is swiftly becoming as well.

I wish you smiles. I wish you fond memories. But most importantly, I wish you peace.

BRAVO! beautiful, touching, warm, loving, powerful, unforgettable. What a tremendous tribute to a legend! Sid was a beautiful boy and his personality must have been incredible just looking at those wonder-full pictures of him and you and your family. You both fit one another admirably, it's very evident. Thank you for the privilege of sharing in those precious moments. My heart reaches out to you in your loss. I can't begin to imagine, I can only walk with you if you don't mind the company. One day the two of you will meet again fur-ever together and fur-ever one. Until that moment, may the beautiful memories you have serve to comfort and strengthen you in your journey until you cross over to find Sid waiting with a lead eager to take you on the run of your  life!! Rest peacefully Sid, it's my privilege to have met you here. Run wild and free! I bid you, Peace!