Computer Error

Recently my friend and I built a new computer, all the parts are new except the hard drive.

Now the problem is it'll boot up, but then say after it loads that it can't startup, and then wants to repair itself which always results in it not being able to do it.

Does anyone know of this problem? And is there a fix?

get a new hard drive.

Reinstall windows to the new hard drive. :up:

Can you provide error codes? What does it exactly say? And what operating system are you trying to use?

You may just have to get a new hard-drive, reinstall Windows 7 (I'm assuming that's what you're using) and copy over everything from the old drive. Sorry. :(

I assume it's the old Windows on the hard drive? Since, basically, you're using a new computer, it might be drivers compatibility issue - drivers are trying to run for devices that don't exist in your current setup, causing Windows to fail.

Get another computer, attach the hard drive, back up any personal files;

If you don't have any personal information to be saved, attach the hard drive to the original PC and re-install Windows performing complete format on the HDD.