True Blood

Jay

An untapped resource! Someone should write a leprechaun show right now. They could fight over who's gold is who's and escape being captured and someone -would- get captured and have to do all kinds of ridiculous bidding for whichever human trapped them all mixed in with a little romance. Maybe a love triangle with a banshee and a selkie...  :redface1: Oh... I think my nerd is showing again. Sorry about that.  :mouthshut:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though the last couple seasons have tanked and this new season is already inconsistent with previous season's writings, I'm still watching it :D. I just want to know how it all ends and comes together, you know? I've been watching from day one and just have to know how it finishes.

Pfft, Twilight comparers. It's completely unfair that something as new as Twilight has tainted viewer's imaginations as far as the vampire/horror genre is concern. Southern Vampire series is older than Twilight and before that came tons of others including but not limited to - Interview with a Vampire (1976), The Vampire Diaries (1991), Southern Vampire Mysteries aka True Blood (2001) - and so much more. The vast success of Twilight was aimed at preteen girls and their mothers. The success of that series, of which many people deem unworthy, should not be used as some sort of comparison point for these other books/shows/movies. If anything, the good that Twilight brought was that these other critically acclaimed books were given the chance to be produced. Without Twilight, these shows may never have left the coffin :D.

I'll also be tuning into The Strain premiering the 13th (I think), which is a show produced by the author and acclaimed director Guillermo del Toro of Pan's Labyrinth, Hellboy, and Pacific Rim, to name a few. He's also one of the writers behind the Hobbit. The Strain brings back the good old-fashioned vampire gore-fest like the likes of Steven King.   

Since I am such a huge fan of supernatural creatures, I like to give anything that has them in a chance atleast. I am also into things that have storybook characters, like Once Upon A Time and the various mini series that have been made like Tin Man and Neverland. I don't always like them all, but I give them a shot regardless. I also watch Walking Dead. To be honest, Walking Dead and I have a love/hate relationship in which I get intensely irritated at some of the writing, but I watch it every episode regardless. I'm also obsessed with Game of Thrones. :| I have a a horde of children, so if don't go out much and I am used to a very tiny amount of sleep, I like being comfy and watching my shows. I think my absolutely top favorites are Sherlock and Game of Thrones. If you name it, I have probably watched it. I am notorious for watching marathons of series on Netflix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty much the same way. I follow a couple different shows but Game of Thrones is a big one for me. The Walking Dead is sort of like True Blood. In its later seasons, it's begun to stumble with its writing. I try to be as loyal as possible and stick it out to the end :D

I definitely can't wait for the Strain, though. Also Hemlock Grove season two :D

I just started watching Lost Girl. I thought it was crazy cheesy at first but then after the sixth or seventh episode it really grew on me! The mythology started to get more interesting and now I love it :D. Same goes with Bitten, which is similar to Hemlock Grove in feel in my opinion. I really like that show and I'm glad to hear that it's getting a second season!

I felt that way about Lost Girl too. I liked the concept, but found it kind of cheesy, then it just grew on me. I honestly didn't like the last season as much as far as direction, but the mythology started to get really cool and I appreciated that. I watched Bitten as a show marathon where I watched it from beginning to end a couple days in a row while I was doing laundry and it seemed pretty decent to me. I think I am going to rewatch Being Human from the beginning because I watched part of it and then got distracted and missed some. I am running out of things to Netflix that are really good. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk