Transporting your sibe

Sarah

When you go anywhere in your car, how do you transport your sibe(s)?

I pop Kimba in the boot (we have a Vectra hatchback) but i know you can get seatbelts for them, only thing is, with me and marc in the front and 2 kids, not enough room for Kimba (and Kai when he arrives)

How do you transport yours?

we have a focus hatchback and they go in the boot, i've had to put a guard up as reno likes to jump onto the back seat and stick his head out of the window, but they rarely go in there now they are old enough to walk to the field, and with two in there it is just snug enough for two, not really any room to fall around, but if i had to and could afford it i would get an estate car and put crates in the back, however without a lottery win i have no hope, lol

We're lucky enough to have two vehicles (we bought our van with my retirement lump sum!) - an Iveco Daily van, which is fitted out with cages for 10 dogs and a Vauxhall Zafira with a fitted cage in the boot, which we use if we're only taking one or two dogs out (although we can put the middle seats down and put a big crate in there as well if we need to).

The van is big enough to take two rigs and a sled (if only......) as well as the dogs.

Mick

WOW! In comparison to that mine is only a mere Toyota RAV4

Our GSD normally goes in the boot and so will Isis once she's allowed out and about, the good thing about it is that the rear seats can either slide forward making the boot twice as big or can be totally removed!

we have an ex police- dog astravan for ours so really they have a vehicle of their own, it has a slide partition behind the 2 front seats for front escapes as well as the back door, this keeps the 4 dogs safe behind us in a closed off area but we can get to them quick if we need to by just sliding the doors open.

i have a Pug 206 which ive laid rear seats flat..( only got frony seats now ) and put a guard between me and them also have mounted some anchor points so i can connect their leads to ( just in case ) but have been recently been looking at getting a van and having it properly kitted out.

• 11 years later...