Crate Covers

Stormy

Would like some crate covers.... had a real quick browse online but wondered if any of you have any reccomendations... also please dont tell me to just use blankets etc as they pull them through they need to be fitted and i hope they might survive! lol Need to be able to block the sun out if needed also.

• 1 year later...

I've got a nice single bed cover on Chester's crate indoors to give him a sense of 'den' but tarpaulin is ideal re outside cover up! And if staked out on lines in a big enough size then no inlet of rain if going out about 3' all round. Could even cover three sides for insulation against rain/wind. Yeah?

I've got a nice sale bed cover on Chester's crate but tarpaulin is ideal re outside cover up! And if staked out on lines in a big enough size then no inlet of rain if going out about 3' all round. Could even cover three sides for insulation against rain/wind. Yeah?

I've got a nice single bed cover on Chester's crate but tarpaulin is ideal re outside cover up! And if staked out on lines in a big enough size then no inlet of rain if going out about 3' all round. Could even cover three sides for insulation against rain/wind. Yeah?

I've got a nice sale bed cover on Chester's crate but tarpaulin is ideal re outside cover up! And if staked out on lines in a big enough size then no inlet of rain if going out about 3' all round. Could even cover three sides for insulation against rain/wind. Yeah?

If you are getting a tarpaulin then I would recommend getting a canvas one - plastic ones are likely to get ripped.

You could also look at making something with blackout curtain fabric (which you can get on ebay if you don't know anywhere near you).

Couldn't copy url but google canvas tarpaulin uk....

Had a thought...old sails would be good too. Very weather proof and easy enough to get ring-holes put in once shape/ size is defined....

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I'm sure you could get some very effective weatherproof covers fro old sails and much cheaper than new canvas-tarps! Check out any local sailing clubs or further afield...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Yes...I don't know which would be the fastest to deteriorate so it would be whichever would that would not go on top!

The sail material would be my favourite, being an old salt!