Gas :-/

Sorry! If anyone is eating a meal, I apologise now! But our foster dog has the most horrendous wind! You don't hear anything, it just creeps up & hits you round the face :confused:

I don't get what's causing it, he eats the same as my other 3 every meal & they are OK - well, Kaviq squeaks away on the wooden floor then looks around for the noise, but other than that, nothing. It can't be because he is a Greenland & the others are huskies, as that is the only difference between the 4 :shrug:  I wish I knew how to stop it

Does anyoine else have a windy dog & knows what causes it in them? Is it a certain food (whether wet, raw or dry)? I need to get to the bottom of it (excuse the pun!) as it really is bad

hmm (that was me thinking), the only treat (and it is rare to get treats here with one dog on a diet & another with food aggression) they get is a piece of carrot or a small cube of cheese on a less-than-weekly timescale. It's really strange.

I don't know but mine get horrible gas sometimes too.  I just figured that it was because they had to poo.  But then again I use TOTW High Prairie and others have reported their dogs getting gas from that.  

And mine get TONS of carrots!  By the way, can too many carrots be a bad thing?  

Rusty use to have bad gas.  He smelled skunky.  We changed his food for him to put on weight and he has not had the problem.  Mine all eat dry kibble. 

Funny story though....Rori will pass gas and turn around quickly to smell her hiney then gets this look on her face that we refer to as her stink face.  I have been trying to capture a pic of this face but she does it so quickly and I am not fast enough.

Polee doesn't get wind very often but Deifen is definitely the windy miller in this household.  As they're both fed the same I put it down to the speed in which Deifen eats when the average meal is gone in less than a minute.  He does eat carrots which Polee doesn't which just led me to do a little research and fouind the following which I knew very little about the humble carrot.

http://www.carrotmuseum.co.uk/nutrition3.html

Teo has the most horrendous gas, its disgusting and most evenings our house slowly fills with his stench! If one of the children comes down from their bedroom (which I occasionally allow) they tend to tell me how bad the room smells before retreating back upstairs!!

Teo will drop a bomb, stand up, circle and then lie back down with his nose buried in his tail!

I've no idea what causes it, but have stopped giving him his evening meal now as its so bad. What I do now is feed them both just before bed, and then put them out in their run. Which is better for us, not so sure how Mia feels about sharing the kennel with his smelly butt though!!

Our smellmonger is Skye. Silent but deadly. She doesn't even bat an eyelid before, during or after. I have put it down to her eating so fast. You give her a bowl of food, snap your fingers and it's gone. All the dogs have the same food at the same time but it's only ever Skye that stinks us out.

Gary.

Lee, Gary - you might be on to something there.

Kaviq used to inhale his food when he first came to us & he was a smelly doof. He has slowed down with his eating now and just does noisy squeaky parps :huh:  but we don't get the smell.

Logan now is the one to inhale his food & he stinks when he lets one go.

Can there be a link to how fast they eat & the smell from the other end? I have caught Logan eating his poop straight after doing it when in the garden so I stop him when I catch him and that has stemmed the stench a little thinking it was that but by gum, he can still empty a room alright!

Lee, Gary - you might be on to something there.

Kaviq used to inhale his food when he first came to us & he was a smelly doof. He has slowed down with his eating now and just does noisy squeaky parps :huh: but we don't get the smell.

Logan now is the one to inhale his food & he stinks when he lets one go.

Can there be a link to how fast they eat & the smell from the other end? I have caught Logan eating his poop straight after doing it when in the garden so I stop him when I catch him and that has stemmed the stench a little thinking it was that but by gum, he can still empty a room alright!

I don't want to throw a spanner into your theory, but Teo is a real slow eater. Mia has wolfed her food down before he even starts eating his. So for us anyway I can't see it being to speed of eating causing his gas, and Mia only seems to fart I protest to me brushing her! :/

Echo vacuums her food and drops real human sounding botty burps and can clear a room, making all the plants wilt and the wallpaper curl.