Htc One

Stormy

Anybody got one?

I am torn between this and the Galaxy S4 at the moment, i know a few people with the s4 and one person with the HTC One so i am hoping to hear about the HTC One from some other people also :)  I am due an upgrade in about a months time but i am cancelling my contract with o2 and going with Vodafone as i get 20percent discount through Sainsburys.

Two friends of mine have the HTC One and they're beyond happy with it. I myself am using one of the first HTC devices - the Desire and I have everything I need on it - camera, music player and my work e-mail.

The Galaxy S4 will win the market surely, but if I had to choose I'd probably go for the HTC One as I doubt I'd ever manage to use all the features that the Galaxy has. Plus, it's a new phone and who knows how many things could probably break down or wont work as expected.

I'm firmly in the HTC camp.

I have the (now) old One X+

and love it to bits.

I've got 18 months left before I can upgrade.

Be interesting to see what phones are like in 18 months. :)

boyfriend just got one a couple of weeks ago. he likes it a lot. it has a much better camera/screen than my iphone4s. if you have any questions i'll try to answer or ask him :)

Just a general write up really on it tbh :) I currently have the Iphone 4 so going to be a big change!

Yeah Andy i imagine phones will be sooo much different in 18 months time!

Just a general write up really on it tbh :) I currently have the Iphone 4 so going to be a big change!

Yeah Andy i imagine phones will be sooo much different in 18 months time!

he seems to really like it. the graphics are really good, and the sound is good. i don't prefer it over the iphone simply because of the layout. i prefer the easy apple products. the camera knocks mine out of the park though. plus it comes with beats earbuds. he has been debating on going to take it back for an iphone5 but has finally decided on keeping it.

i have heard nothing but great stuff about the galaxy though.

any reason you're not going to the iphone5?

I have had two iphones now and i just dont feel like they are progressing really they seem to be falling behind. ... plus along with the fact that im simply just bored with the iphone and fancy trying something different :)

I have had two iphones now and i just dont feel like they are progressing really they seem to be falling behind. ... plus along with the fact that im simply just bored with the iphone and fancy trying something different :)

that is so true i am sick of my iphone now deffo getting the note 2 in a few months

that is so true i am sick of my iphone now deffo getting the note 2 in a few months

When i got this iphone 4 from the 3gs i was hoping for atleast something a bit different but it was just the same phone with a slightly different look! A big part I enjoy of getting a new phone is looking through it and getting to know it etc where as with the iphone you lose that completely if you stick to it

True nothing ever changed and as I do more on my phone these days I need a bigger screen also a better camera coz the one on the iPhone is pure pants you have to be ontop of something to take a clear pic :-( such a shame wake up apple

Yep hopefully they start to do something they may well do now the S4 and HTC One has come out but i still dont think they are going to be quite as good soon enough.

After watching that video i think the HTC One is the better phone the only thing that may be better on the s4 is that camera BUT i have a Canon for great pictures.

great vid Dunc. :up:

After watching that vid ( posted it just before I set off work for Storm ) if I was to get one today I think i'd get the note 2  :P like you Andy I got 7 months left on contract  so in no rush to chose + am hoping that 4g is fully in place by then and prices are have settled down.

If I was to get it today....

Galaxy Note 2

4g

Unlimited everything internet/text/talk

The unlimited internet is important IMO as there as been a couple of time I have run outta data and had to switch it off or ad a bolt on while on 3g being on 4g I can see it burning it up a lot faster. 

The only one doing it right now is 3 and if I had to I would they getting some great reviews nowadays :)

• 1 month later...

After years with iphones I fancied a complete change and went with the HTC 8X. I had an HTC before (Can't remember the model, but it was one of their first touch screens using a stylus) and found it unresponsive, but not to hold a grudge I went again for an HTC. The first couple of weeks was fantastic, great pictures/videos, easy to use interface, email worked ok etc... THEN!!!!!... everything went pear-shaped, and back to the HTC of old, unresponsive, constant re-boots, ringer turns itself off, volume goes to zero for no apparent reason and many more little niggles that became too cumbersome to really rely on the phone. I contacted my provider to re-enable my old SIM on the iphone and have never looked back, 'better the devil you know'. I could have just got a dodgy phone or that the windows 8 operating system was at fault (I mean, who in their lifetime has ever heard of windows crashing ! :D ) but I doubt very much I will be venturing into the HTC arena in the foreseeable future.

I have a couple of mates who got the Galaxy S4, and though they were very impressed at first, they both went back to their iphones after a few months, and both for the same reason, 'it's good, but a bit clunky, not as smooth as an iphone' (not my words).

Now I don't want to sound all doom & gloom about HTC or Samsung and I also don't work for apple, I just thought I would share my personal experience with you.

Hope it has been of some use to you,

Cheers

Colin