Smart Tv

What is that all about? I just want to turn on the tv & watch tv programmes; now I can watch loads of internet stuff like youtube ........ what happened to normal tellies??

And as for this face recognition stuff .... it freaks me out! It's like my tv is alive :wacko:

Dunno, I have a TV

Kells n Eden watch it.

I download and watch what I want on the PC.

Smart TVs kind of remind me of Orwell's 1984. Being a person who doesn't watch TV, I don't even have one in my room. I do as Andy said. I guess there are people who prefer TV over PC and just want to have some of the features that the PC has on their TV - much easier.

I love technology LOL. Mine is considered a "smart TV". I can connect to the internet from the TV and watch things like Netflix and Hulu without any additional equipment.  I can even go on FB on the TV.  Honestly, I don't use any of those features because i have cable, but it's nice to know I can if I ever cancel my cable!

I got mine for a really good deal at Best Buy.  It's a Samsung 58" 3D plasma.  Someone returned it because it was too big!  HA!  I got it half off so I could not resist.  Although if I did it again I would not get the 3D.  It is not worth the extra $$ and I hardly ever use it.

Of course!  It was actually the TV I had wanted for about a year and was drooling over but couldn't afford it!  Well, I had wanted to 63" but I was fine with the 58" lol.  People at work make fun of me because I am an electronic-oholic!  This was all pre-huskies though.  I haven't bought much electronics since then!  All my extra money goes to the doggies.

Nice deal :) Would've been rude not to take it really.

Of course!  It was actually the TV I had wanted for about a year and was drooling over but couldn't afford it!  Well, I had wanted to 63" but I was fine with the 58" lol.  People at work make fun of me because I am an electronic-oholic!  This was all pre-huskies though.  I haven't bought much electronics since then!  All my extra money goes to the doggies.

My OH is a complete techno-geek! We have all manner of electrical wizardry at home! It's crazy :S

Me too LOL.  I have the whole entertainment system in the living room and bedroom.  Although my expensive universal remote control was eaten by a certain husky named Nikko  :o

• 2 weeks later...

Oh very nice - start having a whip-round now for you shall we? :lol:

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2