Search And Rescue

i´m training Balto to be a search and rescue dog, he is doing great, we´re doing area search (wilderness) and urban search and rescue, hope to try avalanche search next winter..

we know for one more sar husky in our country.. is there sar huskys in your countrys, did you ever even heard of husky doing search and rescue?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never heard of huskies being used for search and rescue, 

probably due to their poor recall.

I know my lot would simply run off, get lost and need rescuing themselves :P

i´m training Balto to be a search and rescue dog, he is doing great, we´re doing area search (wilderness) and urban search and rescue, hope to try avalanche search next winter..

we know for one more sar husky in our country.. is there sar huskys in your countrys, did you ever even heard of husky doing search and rescue?

Best of luck to you! Hope to read more about your pups progress! Anything is possible with hard work and dedication! :D

That is fantstic.  I am considering training Rusty as a touch therapy dog.  I think Vader would make a excellent police dog :rofl: .  Other then that mine are just crazy :P .  I think it is fantastic that :P he is able to do the training.  Congrats to you both.  Please keep us posted with the progress.

• 5 months later...

Looks like he found you!!! How's his recall when he's out looking?

he´s not finding me.. he is finding helper who is playing the role of the vicitm..

he have rule that we dont give any commands to a dog while he is looking for the victim.. we´re using body language to show what areas need to be search..

of course that counts.. :D the food needs to be rescued :D if you know what i mean :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...