Ps4 Or Xbox One?

Dave

post-2303-0-89233700-1369291058.jpg

I'm not sure how many gamers we have on here but I am as yet undecided. I am an Xbox man at heart but at the moment the PS4 looks like it's going to be the better gaming machine.

We shall have to wait and see at E3 (June 11th)

Are any of you planning to get either one?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Copied from TechRadar

The first shots have been fired in the PS4 vs Xbox One console war now that both Sony and Microsoft have announced their next-generation systems.
While Sony confirmed the PlayStation 4 specs back in February, Microsoft is only now drawing its line in the sand by unveiling the Xbox One specs.
To its credit, though, Microsoft did show the video game press the official Xbox One console body.
Sony, in contrast, is waiting until E3 2013 to announce what the PS4 looks like.
For now, we can take a look at what's inside the mystery system and the newly revealed Xbox One with confirmed specs.

As much as the two warring systems are different, the heart of the Xbox One and the PS4 remain very similar.
That's because they're both running x86 octa-core CPUs, and these eight-core processors are built by the same chipmaker, AMD.
The use of AMD in the Xbox One and PS4 is certainly a switch for both companies.
Previously, Microsoft had used an IBM PowerPC processor, while Sony partnered with Toshiba and IBM on its own complicated Cell processor.
While the Xbox One will run a heavily modified eight-core AMD processor, PS4 will utilize a x86-64 "Jaguar" CPU.

Both console makers are also relying on AMD to design their next graphics processors that will produce the next-generation visuals that differentiate console games from the emerging smartphone market.
The Xbox One marries its GPU to the CPU in a system-on-a-chip design, according to Wired, with Direct 11.1 support.
The single 40-nanometer SoC really contrasts with the two dedicated 90-nm chips found in the Xbox 360.
However, it only marginally contrasts with the PS4, which also combines its AMD CPU with the chip maker's GPU.
In the case of PS4, the graphics processor is described as semi-custom AMD Radeon that runs at 1.8 TFLOPS.

One of the most impressive things about the PS4 specs has been its use of 8GB GDDR5 RAM.
Microsoft unveiled the Xbox One to have 8GB RAM as well, but it's DDR3 memory variety.
That may mean more to game developers in the long run as opposed to gamers themselves right now, but it's still an interesting choice for the Xbox One.

The Xbox One controller vs the PS4 DualShock 4 controller is a debate that won't be won anytime soon, mostly because gamers' already have a locked-in preference.
The reason for this is that neither Sony nor Microsoft have radically changed their respective controllers over the years - they're more like evolutions 2000 and 2001.
The DualShock 4 is a little bigger in the next-generation thanks to its unique front-and-center touchpad. Sony stuck with the dual analog sticks down in front, but at least have a central divot recess for easier gripping.
Microsoft also didn't mess with success, only slightly modifying its controller in the jump to the Xbox One. It's 40 design innovations are subtle, including the tweaked D-Pad on the bottom-left of the game pad.

While Xbox One and PlayStation 4 will appeal to "core" gamers with mature launch titles, Microsoft and Sony are charging forward with motion-sensing devices.
The Xbox One Kinect was unveiled along with the system during the May 21 announcement, when Microsoft refered to to the advanced camera as "human control for a human experience."
Expanding on that motto, the packed-in 1080p Kinect 2.0 will be able to process 2GB of data per second, analyzing more joints, the slight rotation of a wrist or shoulder and your heartbeat.
Less is known about the PlayStation 4 Eye, but Sony did state that its similarly shaped camera bar contains two two 1280×800px cameras.
The PS4 DualShock 4 controller will come into play with the PS4 Eye thanks to its multi-colored light bar. It will also be compatible with those PS4 Move motion controllers that have gone unused.

I'd get both if they weren't so expensive lol

I'm an Xbox fan and OH is playstation so we'd constantly argue over one lol he just needs to get himself a tv and I could play my Xbox more haha

Neither. Not a fan of Sony's products, and with the recent news that you will have to pay Microsoft to play used games (yes, even if you borrow/rrent), and you'd have to pay the full retail price...

Just no. I'm not going to get the One just because of that. This gen's systems are all disappointing, IMO, even Nintendo's Wii-U. 

Is that confirmed? I haven't seen anything officially announced for the One??

Not confirmed, it's part of the R&D they are doing for the next release, which is One, so hopefully it'll be available.

i say ps4 because microsoft charge for everything.even just to go online

I'm happy to pay for xbox live as the experience I have personally had on it over the past three years has been flawless. Not sure how the second hand market is going to work yet because of the charge your game isn't going to be work more than a couple of pounds when selling

A few things with the Xbox one... 1. Can't play 360 games, 2. Can't play pre-owned games, 3. Achivements have gone, 4. It looks terrible. Probably some more, can't think right now

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

A few things with the Xbox one... 1. Can't play 360 games, 2. Can't play pre-owned games, 3. Achivements have gone, 4. It looks terrible. Probably some more, can't think right now

Well

1. I personally don't wanna play old games on a new console

2. That SUCKS and I'm gutted about that

3. Not fussed about achievements, wasn't on the 360

4. Agreed lol

Who knows what I'll go for in the end lol

PS4 is not backwards compatable either.

Can play preowned but there doing it a different way to make money themselves,

Basically looks like there stopping people borrowing games off each other instead, but both consoles are Putting in systems for preowned

So much misinformation on here... The PS4 can't play ps3 games either... They both do not have backwards compatibility. Xbox one will have to pay a "fee" to play used games. More or less like buying battle field 3 used and having to pay for a online pass...Ps4 will also have a issue with pre owned games, but I don't know if they will do the same thing as xbox is doing(which I don't mind.) the fee will force gamefly to close and game stop either close or sell games for less and trade value may possibly go up.

To the people complaining about paying for online. Xbox has always had better servers and still do... Online Xbox will still be better. If you don't want to pay 10 dollars a month for better servers, security, and experience then you can deal with the crappy PS3/4 servers that crash and get hacked and have 77 million accounts stolen.

But just to rap this up as I could type all day on the subject, it seems to me that with the D5 ram the Ps4 will have it maybe a little better gaming wise. Not by much though. The PS4 "eye" is also really bad compared to the new Kinnect. They really reworked it and made it much better. The Xbox one will have better features all around and can do more then the Ps4, which I like. Not to mention all the incorporation with tv. that would be really cool to be watching the Super Bowl or whatever you like and be able to use the internet at the same time right while watching tv on the same screen. So I rather have The One and leave true gaming to the PC that owns the PS4 and Xbox in gaming.