Ziva Hates Being Brushed!

:anyhelp: 

Ziva absolutely HATES being brushed! Her coat doesn't seem to have been taken care of very well, so I'll be working on getting it soft and healthy :) I have an undercoat rake for her and she just freaks out when I try brushing her. She will start to whimper and squeal (LOUDLY) when I start to brush her. Has anyone else experienced this? Any advice would be appreciated....thanks!

does she freak out to the point she'd run away at the sight of the brush? Or is she okay until you start brushing her? If she's the latter one, try "brushing" her with the back side of the rake. Several praises later, gently brush her for real :) of course the brushing session should be very, very short at first then you can gradually increase the duration to the point she's completely okay with brushing. Definitely would take some time, and there's always a chance she might never be a fan of brushing session, but she'd tolerate it eventually :) oh and you might want to tire her out or keep her occupied with some kind of a chew toy before this training. Tried this with my neighbor's dog once and he always tried to bite the brush because he's way too excited =\ good luck xxx 

does she freak out to the point she'd run away at the sight of the brush? Or is she okay until you start brushing her? If she's the latter one, try "brushing" her with the back side of the rake. Several praises later, gently brush her for real :) of course the brushing session should be very, very short at first then you can gradually increase the duration to the point she's completely okay with brushing. Definitely would take some time, and there's always a chance she might never be a fan of brushing session, but she'd tolerate it eventually :) oh and you might want to tire her out or keep her occupied with some kind of a chew toy before this training. Tried this with my neighbor's dog once and he always tried to bite the brush because he's way too excited =\ good luck xxx 

She does run away as soon as she sees the brush! She will start shrieking and trying to hide from me. I've had some really brief brushing sessions with her, giving her treats during and after. 

Do any of your others like being brushed?? Skye absolutely LOVES it where as Shadow would run away from the brush... he watched how much Skye was enjoying it and now jumps in to get brushed!

Lobo loves to be brushed and my little one Lily doesn't have enough fur to brush since its so short. I imagine it might just take her a while to get used to it