Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sid_Wolf

Mushing Kit Deals

as bikejoring/scootering is gaining popularity i though some may be interested in my deals for compete kits smile.gif canicross belts have leg loops so belts dont ride up when running 

Canicross:
1 dog: harness (x-back or houdini), canicross belt, karabiner & tugline - £50
2 dog: 2 harnesses (x-back or houdini), canicross belt, karabiner, neckline & double tugline - £70

Scooter/rig:
1 dog: harness (x-back), dampened line, karabiner - £30
2 dog: harnesses (x-back), double tugline, neckline, shock absorber, karabiner - £55

Bikejor:
1 dog: harness (x-back or houdini), dampened line, karabiner, bike loop - £35
2 dog: harnesses (x-back or houdini), double tugline, neckline, shock absorber, karabiner, bike loop - £60

Those look like good deals.....

This is great sid! The bike set ups for 2 dogs could you also then use seperately also? Or would i have to purchase two seperate ones?? Which would then cost me more.

This is great sid! The bike set ups for 2 dogs could you also then use seperately also? Or would i have to purchase two seperate ones?? Which would then cost me more.

I have used a double line on one dog, just put both clips on the one harness and watch the lines a bit more closely. Or I do single dampened tugs at £11 for bikejor, which would be cheaper than buying 2 single sets, so when running one dog you have the single line

I have used a double line on one dog, just put both clips on the one harness and watch the lines a bit more closely. Or I do single dampened tugs at £11 for bikejor, which would be cheaper than buying 2 single sets, so when running one dog you have the single line

No i mean so i woud have a double set if on my own and a single set each if running them say if me and rob both had a bike each for example

No i mean so i woud have a double set if on my own and a single set each if running them say if me and rob both had a bike each for example

you could buy a 2 dog set up, then also buy a single dampened line, bike loop & karabiner for £20 :) and use the double line for the other dog, rather than buying a double & 2 single sets :)

ooo was just looking at some CanineX gear, might be in touch soon. Do you need to know any sizes, or is it adjustable?

ooo was just looking at some CanineX gear, might be in touch soon. Do you need to know any sizes, or is it adjustable?

Measurements are needed for both harness styles, the x-back isnt adjustable, the houdini harness has an adjustable belly strap :)

good idea to provide the complete kit to start your mushing experience, for those not sure of what they need, you have given them the whole package at a great cost

Do not know if she still does this deal but x-back gbp 15.- and dampend line gbp 10 so the only thing left is the Karabiner...so getting close there...

I have tagged Sid as well for you...

Hi there Sid, I would also be interested.

I am thinking of taking my girls out, (whilst on my bike), as they are too quick, (for the first mile), when I run with them, (although they start to slow me down at the 5 mile mark when I then begin to outrun them all)!

As I am new to this particular area of Husky ownership please forgive my somewhat naieve questions such as: -

1/. What other equipment will I require?

2/. How do I protect my dogs feet, (particularly the pads), as I am presuming that this activity will take its toll on the dogs feet?

Hi there Sid, I would also be interested.

I am thinking of taking my girls out, (whilst on my bike), as they are too quick, (for the first mile), when I run with them, (although they start to slow me down at the 5 mile mark when I then begin to outrun them all)!

As I am new to this particular area of Husky ownership please forgive my somewhat naieve questions such as: -

1/. What other equipment will I require?

2/. How do I protect my dogs feet, (particularly the pads), as I am presuming that this activity will take its toll on the dogs feet?

where do you run Martin? if on dirt tracks or the woods you will be fine with their paws, asfalt is a whole different ball game yu might want to use pawwax called mushers secret...

as far as equipment you running or bike or scooter?

Apologies for delay in response - being kept busy with a few issues currently.

I will run with all four dogs, (albeit two at a time), on a regular basis and the distance will vary between 2 to 8 miles currently, (the distances will increase now that the weather has cooled down).

Prior to our recent move the majority of running was 'off road', (so paws were not a primary concern), but now after moving to the countryside, ironically, there are not many footpaths close by so the majority of our running is now on tarmac unfortunately.

We took all four dogs to the coast, today, and they thoroughly enjoyed it so I may do a longish beach run every two weeks, (alternating pairs each fortnight), as this will give them a good workout once the nights start getting too dark to run at night.

I have also considered taking the girls out on my bike, (even before we moved), but I haven't taken things further as I will need to invest in harnesses and a suitable mechanism that will safely couple the dogs to the bike, (or me), and that is why this post caught my eye.

All four dogs are pretty fit as they have all run with members of my running clubs but the prospect of using a bike, (during the winter months), when light and time are against us and I will welcome all further advice and, (once we have sorted the minor, but horrendously expensive, oil tank crisis), I may then be able to look at some suitable kit!

Any questions you have Martin you just shoot them and you will get a suitable answer...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.