New: Houdini Ultra Harness

Sid_Wolf

Prices are on the website...and they are not much I believe harness is gbp 18

but I have a question about you wanting steering rings...can I advise you against that...you will have the gangline and then an extra 2 lines per dog for the steering and how would you do that while you have 2 hands on the steering wheel (believe me you will need that on rig or scooter)...if you start with commands while walking left righ stop etc they will do this while running as well..

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So what I need is a gangline (?purpose to use a main line off a rig to separate (2) lines for dogs...) & an extra two lines - ? to run off gangline yes? And what else for security so no one can unclip or remove dogs off a ground stake or a pole?

Police leads, flat collars and short security clip lead from harness to collar. Also harness for Eski.

I'm newly informed that Chester's harness is not for rig pulling...even though this was what was suggested I get! (Another supplier...) see pics. Surely this is for using to pull a rig? I was told x-back not necessary ....

Now confused!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

post-12296-14100453244663_thumb.jpg

post-12296-14100455086962_thumb.jpg

A pulling harness like an x-back has a attchement at the back near the tail to attach the gangline to (needs to be at the tail end nowhere else so that it will not harm your furkids) your gangline if you want side by side is imo with 2 dogs better then behind eachother...have a look at this video might help you a bit more...

just ask I had to learn the hard way lolol

Harnesses do get confusing!

The x back harness is longer and a more traditional sledding harness, its used when the gangline runs parallel to the dogs back (so the line is straight, not at an angle), on a rig/sled/scooter with brushbow. They enable to dog to use its full power

A shoulder harness like yours can certainly be used for working, but are generally advised for use when the line will come at an angle off the dogs back, e.g canicross, bikejor etc. As using a long backed harness in these situations can cause the harness to pull up at an odd angle and the dog then runs to compensate for that. At races you wont see dogs wearing short backed harnesses for rig work as the dog can run better and faster in a long backed harness

hope that helps!

Thx!!

I am planning to get a tug and tow (retractable wind mechanism so no slack lead ever on the ground or tangling underfoot and always some spring tension to keep dog/s aware that they are always 'connected'. Safer all round...

In which case surely my current harness will work safely and provided the height of the TNT is above their back/haunches there shouldn't be a problem? This works on scooters trike rigs and pretty much everything else!

Robke found me the TNT info.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Your current harnesses should be fine yea, tho I personally would go with a standard gangline set up, is there any shock absorption on the tnt? Also if you plan to compete I doubt it would be allowed, IMO its best practice to just be vigilant of your ganglines and train the dogs to keep tension by using the breaks :)

Noted. I gather there is shock absorption and the guy who designed this uses it all the time and says it is extremely tough and long lasting as well as no worries in running over or getting tangled up in the gangline...ever - he's in the US and it's allowed and used over there, but that may not be the case here in UK although known.