New: Houdini Ultra Harness

Sid_Wolf

I'm back, and I WILL get on here more from now on!

this is the new harness design, the Houdini Ultra harness. Additional belly strap behind the ribcage for extra security. These start from £18 + p&p. Available to order via pm now and will be on the new website when it is completed :)

website should be finished soon, just some design work to finish but obviously marc is at husky camp this week! 

529619_10151359480470800_1176464708_n_zp

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

would that be comfy on a boy? would it not rub on the winkle?

no, the tummy measurement you take from an inch or so in front of the dangle, this is what the dog in the photo's owner says about it:

I'm really so pleased with it. He has been on 2 full day walks recently wearing the harness all the time and had no rubbing whatsoever :)

1: Shoulderblades to breastbone
2: Breastbone to about 2" behind front legs (go between the legs)
3: All around the chest about 2" behind front legs
4: All around the belly, behind the ribcage but give plenty of 'penis room'!
5: From shoulderblades to the point on his back that you measured around for number 4

ignore poor paint skills!

measurement_zpsb9bb8732.jpg

1: Shoulderblades to breastbone

2: Breastbone to about 2" behind front legs (go between the legs)

3: All around the chest about 2" behind front legs

4: All around the belly, behind the ribcage but give plenty of 'penis room'!

5: From shoulderblades to the point on his back that you measured around for number 4

ignore poor paint skills!

measurement_zpsb9bb8732.jpg

great pic easy to follow

thanx sid :up:

no, the tummy measurement you take from an inch or so in front of the dangle, this is what the dog in the photo's owner says about it:

Lol! No, how the harness works is it cuts off the blood to their winkle so they can't move and escape :'D

Excellent idea, I love it, it's similar to how the White Forest Front Control Version 2 will be, only it doesn't connect from the back. I've designed it in the hopes that the front will stop bloody moving! lol.

Stacey xxx

No Sparks, Stacey has started her own company so no longer works for me 

Stace I dont think there is anyway to stop a front ring harness from twisting is there!? I gave up lmao

Are you two not working together anymore.....?

You're only the second person to ask me that but a few have asked Sid, so seeing as someone's asked openly on here, I'll explain the situation. I love the work that I did with Sid and would happily carry on sewing for her and helping her with the shows - she's my mate; but the work load wasn't enough to keep enough money in my pocket. From talking to Sid, she felt that before she might not have been able to cope with the work load alone, but over the past year I've had no work sent my way, so potentially, she knows she can do it herself.

I also felt that I had separate ideas that Sid wasn't sure on as it's her business and her venture, it's her decision to go with her own flow; so White Forest has given me the freedom to produce unique ideas. 

There's nothing like customisation up this way and we're on two different ends of the country targetting a wide spread market. I aim to provide different from Sid, as I assume she'll always try to provide different from me; but when it comes down to it, we would help each other; for example, the one supplier requires a minimum order of £100, alone that's hard to achieve, but together, we can help each other get supplies cheaper.

Some people have assumed it's me being a nasty cow or a cheeky sod because Sid taught me how to do the collars; but the rest of the items have been my own venture, my own design and my own calculations; so while I am extremely grateful for what Sid taught me and I always will be, I needed this own venture of my own.

Stace I dont think there is anyway to stop a front ring harness from twisting is there!? I gave up lmao

The padding and side straps on mine have helped am lot but it still mucks about if they pull really hard lol.

• 1 year later...

Am I right that measurement on 1 is half one side & dbled ie from withers (mid of shoulder blades to centre of breast bone? First time I tried all round my tape slipped and Chester would not stand still! This way was easier & allow two fingers but pressed firmly into fur/body. ?Lol

So can I not use my harness for dryland pulling rig? This was what I was told I could use it for!

Duh...that's what I have. Must read properly first...lol H back

Really? I asked Hooners for a harness to let him train and to eventually pull a rig! It's extremely strong and Hooners def confirmed this could be used for pulling!

Need to investigate.

Cost nearly £40!

OK.. whilst I'm seeming to go for broke on the boat I may as well look at harnesses for pulling a rig - whether  serious stuff or in training.

How much are yours - in blue and purple (I will have to measure up again)?

Are they adjustable as the dogs muscle up....

Can D rings be fitted to the sides to aid steering of sorts.... (has anybody done this  before?)

and exactly what else will I need to ensure secure clips/collars.

I'm also interested in flat collars and butterfly collars (the latter for home use.

Thanks.