Whats The Average Weight For A 4Month Old Husky?

so we went to the vets yesterday for lunas health check and she weights 13.5kg/ 29lbs, the vet said we should feed her more, but luna wont eat more!! she has 3meals a day each with 1+half cupful of food, they have said to drop it to 2 meals a days with more food but most of the time she leaves food n picks at it later!! is she at a normal weight or should I be feeding her more??

Sounds about right to me.  Nikko was 34lbs at that age, but Yukon was only 25lbs.  I only feed them 2 cups total per day over 2 meals.  The vet may not be experienced with the breed as they don't need as much food.  If you are feeding her 4 1/2 cups per day that seems like a lot.  As long as you can't see the ribs, but can feel them then it's a good weight.  

roris 4 1/2 months old and hit lanky stage.

she looks skinny

and is still on 3 meals a day anymore food and it creates the runs.

a dog will only eat as much as it needs.

unless theyre husky expert vets i wouldnt worry too much.

Yuki was only 20.5 pounds at 4 months old. 

Her weight timeline was:

2 months - 11.2 pounds.

3 months - 15.5 pounds.

4 months - 20.5 pounds.

5 months - 26.4 pounds.

6 months - 31.3 pounds.

7 months - 36.2 pounds.

8 months - 36.0 pounds.

9 months - 36.3 pounds.

So yeah, at 30 pounds, I really wouldn't worry about it. And some vets think huskies have to be BIG dogs when they're not XD

• Like 1

My husky is a wee thing, these are from memory, so they might be a tad bit off

10 weeks - 12 pounds

15 weeks - 20 pounds

18 weeks - 22 pounds

5 months - 25 pounds

6 months - 29 pounds

But I think she's extra small for a husky.

• Like 1

Now I'm curious - Chula will eat ANYTHING and EVERYTHING we give her. She eats around 3 cups of Blue Buffalo Wilderness puppy, plus various treats throughout the day. I could give her 6 cups of food, she would eat it. I wonder why she weighs so little? I don't think she's super short for her age. Do different dogs have different metabolisms or something?

She is YOUNG still .... i cant remember how many times i have typed this... they fill out once they hit around a year to a year and a half all weights before that TBH can go up and down and i would not worry unless they look extremely thin or extremely overweight.

Now I'm curious - Chula will eat ANYTHING and EVERYTHING we give her. She eats around 3 cups of Blue Buffalo Wilderness puppy, plus various treats throughout the day. I could give her 6 cups of food, she would eat it. I wonder why she weighs so little? I don't think she's super short for her age. Do different dogs have different metabolisms or something?

Yep, just like people! Some folks can eat everything in sight, still be hungry and not put on a pound (that's me!) others can look at an ice cream bar and gain 5 pounds! Dogs are the same.

Avalanche weighs in at about 55 pounds and has his dish on the porch - free feed; since I had Sasha spayed, she looks like a blimp on 1.5 cups a day! I don't want to starve her, but some of that has to come off!

Same with Nikko and Yukon.  Nikko is very lankly and skinny, and Yukon is short and chubby.  They both get the same amount of food and excercise, Yukon's metabolism is just slower!

• 6 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I’m also worried about my dog weight just turned 4 months and weighs 24 pounds I feed him taste of the wild puppy food. He eat 3 times a day sometimes 4. adds up to 3 and half cups He eats really good not gaining weight like I want him to. but he gets exercise he runs a lot could be burning his calories instead of gaining them? but I feel better after reading other people posts

Sent from my iPad using Husky Owners