getting into scootering, any other equipment?

right, me n chez are hoping to get into scootering, running kira alongside skye biggrin.gif im just trying to work out what equipment we'll need... so far i'v figured this out...

scooter, off ebay... £65 & its pink!

gangline kit double (Shockline, double lead line, carbiner) - snowpawstore £35

2 x back harnesses - snowpawstore £20 each

anything else we'd need? im gunna try get mum to buy me the scooter for xmas & someone else to get me the gangline kit, then i'll get kira's harness and chez'll get skyes smile.gif

• 4 weeks later...

After using a scooter for 2 years before getting my rig I have to say the best thing I ever did was to get a custom made snub line. There is nothing more stressful than trying to hook up two huskies and get back to the scooter without them flying off without you. I spoke to Phil and Culpeppers and email him a drawing of my idea and he made it for me for £10 delivered.

Here it is:

Photo-0010.jpg

The loop at the far end from the clip is used to attach the line to the van's tow hook or round a tree. The other end is looped round the scooters frame. I made sure the loop would be loose enough to be able to move it up and down the frame but not to slide under the foot plate. The idea is the loop will be at the bottom of the frame when you pick up the scooter for balance, you then slide it up the frame till its at a comfortable height to release the latch when holding onto the handle bars.

here it is attached round the bottom of the scooters frame.

Photo-0012.jpg

it made the whole experaince of working the dogs much less stressful and therefore much more enjoyable for everyone.