Notice To All Regarding May 2013 Camp

Marc and myself have been inundated yesterday and today via text, PM, calls, emails etc about a member who's dog could possibly have been in contact with the KC virus.   Bear in mind that we both have full time jobs this has been a nightmare!

I will not name names etc however i will state the following facts:

• The dog in question was thought to have been in contact with the virus at a training session, however no test has been carried out to confirm whether the virus is present or not and after 2 weeks has shown no signs of contracting KC
  • another dog from the same "pack" was vaccinated for KC on 28th April and was therefore given a small dose of the live vaccine 

People have been talking and slating etc for 2 days about this and it has resulted in people saying they are not coming to camp or that they are coming but having "their own camp"

As you can imagine this means that the 12 months of planning - buying equipment, buying prizes, organising events etc is on the verge of being utterly destroyed.  

Marc and myself have decided to reserve judgement until after the camp has finished before making a decision on the future of further camps.  If the worse happens any monies raised at camp would be put together and donated to husky rescue charities of the members choosing - hopefully it won't come to this and more camps can take place in the future.

I will state very clearly now, that if anyone coming to camp kicks off, camp security will be informed and you will be removed from the forum instantly - obviously this is a worse case scenario and i would hope that we are all adult enough not to resort to something so silly. 

It is not down to Marc and myself to say who can and can't come we are not responsible for people and their dogs, only our own, we provide equipment and a place for everyone to meet up we are not liable for anything beyond that point (and for this all we have had is shit from other people)

All the staff will be at camp and the itinerary that i posted is still going ahead.

Please note after typing all of the above I have just been advised that this member is no longer coming to camp - however the above still applies and i would like to have a holiday and enjoy camp as we do every year - I hope you all do too

Now - i'm off to pack!!

Edit - i've been informed that the other dog DIDN'T have the KC vaccine despite posting up that they were having it done which is why i included it on here  - i've advised the person that i would add this in so people are aware x

Just to note in addition to this there has been negativity being brought to the forum with regards to this and it stays away from this forum in every way. 

If any member wants to question themselves as to whether I would remove high posting members which would impact the forum, I suggest they ask someone who has been here from the beggining who knows not only will I do so, I have done so before. In fact it was around the top 5 posting members of the forum in a single day.

Nobody is bigger than this forum when it comes to our members having an enjoyable place to be around. This place is for the enjoyment of its members, not for melodramatics.