Rip My Little Trouble Maker "sharky" (Not A Husky)

Osinn11

A little over a decade ago, my wife and I set off on adventure with some crazy little critters called Sugar Gliders. Not long after getting our first we became a rescue for neglected or unwanted Suggies. One day we received a call from our Vet who informed us of a pair of 5-6 year old "mean" Gliders 45 minutes from our house that the owners needed picked up. Long story short they were primarily a breeding pair that had stopped producing joeys. Once this happened the previous owners had put them up for sale and sold them to a family with young children. The pair named Sachi and Keisha had not been socialized and were little terrors. Needless to say we brought them home with us and so began our long crazy ride with our "old ladies". Over the years Sachi became sweet as pie...but her cage mate and partner Keisha never really became friendly. She loved to bite, becuase of this she earned the nickname "Sharky". We lost our little Sachi to a tumor a little over a year ago..and Sometime yesterday we lost our little Sharky. She was truely the old lady of the glider room (15-16 we think). Even though she was mean she sure had a fiery personality that I'm really going to miss.

:rip: my little Shark. I know Sachi and the rest of your glider family have been waiting for you!

RIP. Sharky

Never heard of Sugar Gliders.

Just had a look.

Oh, My gosh aren't they gorgeous. . . :)

post-1354-0-93483500-1367357113.jpg

post-1354-0-68622000-1367357145.jpg

post-1354-0-25766600-1367357171_thumb.jp

RIP. Sharky

Never heard of Sugar Gliders.

Just had a look.

Oh, My gosh aren't they gorgeous. . . :)

attachicon.gifSugar_Glider_voplaning-_047950_w_moon.jpg

attachicon.gifsugar_glider_2.jpg

attachicon.gifsugar-glider.jpg

They are truely fascinating creatures..imagine being in a room in the dark with picture 1 times 12!! (suggies are nocturnal) My glider room is a circus! :D

:omg: they are so cute and gorgeous, they remind me of the flying squirrels we have here in parts of the Midwest USA, only your gliders are more colorful. Amazing how they manage to get their little paws into our hearts and leave prints all over the place! Fly high and far Sharky and Sasha! May all your landings be soft and your fruit be ripe and tasty the nuts fat and plentiful and your playmates fun frolic and fast!! Condolences, it's always hard to say "farewell". I do believe we'll see them all again healthy, strong, very alive and forever! Peace and Prayers for your comfort.

Carmen OFM