Want To Buy An Iphone

HuskyGuerl

I want to buy an iPhone for me and my hubby. Im wanting to purchase one of eBay as we both do not have a contract phone we have AT&T prepaid phones..So what should I look at before purchasing one? I dont want to get ripped of but dont know how to distinguish a good phone

Problem is there are so many photos available on the internet that even if they put up a picture showing the phone working.

You can't guarantee that it is a picture of the actual phone for sale.

Which may or may not be working.

Unless you can find a phone in your local area and see it working for yourself I wouldn't get a phone off EBAY.

I want to buy an iPhone for me and my hubby. Im wanting to purchase one of eBay as we both do not have a contract phone we have AT&T prepaid phones..So what should I look at before purchasing one? I dont want to get ripped of but dont know how to distinguish a good phone

If you want my honest opinion, I would certainly avoid buying one off ebay.

Ok thanks guys. I guess I will look around and talk to friends. We both are due for new phones we have had them for about two years and they are glitchy and he works in a factory where they build electric boxes and it has just destroyed his phone

Also, in the US, if you buy a phone from other than your carrier, they are not obligated to activate it. Besides, the sim cards are not something you can simply swap out. An iphone that works with one carrier will not necessarily work for a different carrier. The odds are with the house.

If you want to get a phone off ebay, you need to find out the ESN and call the provider to make sure it is clean. If the phone had been stolen or someone didn't pay their bills on it, you may be inheriting a phone that can not only be activated but may be getting you into a lot of trouble.

If you want an I-Phone but don't want to put down the 300-400 for it, then check out t-mobile.  They offer no contract service that is unlimited and you can get the iphone 5 for 99 down and 20 bucks a month for 24 months.  It ends up being more expensive but its pretty cheap up front.  The catch is that you have to keep the service for 2 years while you pay for the phone, so it is not truly "no contract".

I would not buy a phone off e-bay either.  I have sold several myself, but I would not rip anyone off, but you never know who you are dealing with.