We Went Riding!!

The first ride with Chewy was fantastic! Other than the bike giving me a teeny bit of trouble (going uphill) because the trailer was too heavy (both kids were in it because my son begged me to ride in it with his sister), the ride was awesome. The "walkydog bike leash" is fantastic, and does really well of keeping chewbacca under control if he actually gives me any trouble. He was really quite well mannered during the ride, even when it came time to use the breaks. At first he was so excited that he got going a bit fast but I told him to "behave' and put on the breaks and he slowed down easily. We only went about 4 blocks because its so hot but I think that was more than enough for him as he is relaxing calmly now in the living room, and he enjoyed it so much he's smiling. Biking him is the best idea I ever had...hehehe. Now once I fix my sons scooter breaks the trailer will be easier to pull and the ride will be very nice. Whatever you do dont ever, ever come even remotely close to carrying 100 pounds in a bike trailer even if the manufacturer says you can...even a fit person will have a bit of difficulty with it if you have more than 50 or 60 pounds of kids in the trailer. LOL!

Just in case anyone is having the same sort of difficulty walking their husky as I was (because he needed to go faster and the kids couldnt) believe me, biking will make it so much easier even if your poochie needs to get used to biking manners. Much to my surprise We all thoroughly enjoyed the riding and in my opinion the biking equipment has now payed for itself after just this one ride, lol. If you live on a military base with wide sidewalks or in a small community that is reasonably quiet and people obey traffic signs and laws you will enjoy riding.

Ok so the riding is fun but it can also be painful, lol. My son got 3/4 of the way to where we were going on his scooter, then told me "mom i dont like my scooter, can I please have a bike??" The rest of the way and on the way home it was "stop and start." Now my back and my backside hurt for getting going and then stopping every 10 feet, hehehe. So now, I am getting him a bike and ive got to teach him to ride without training wheels, yeesh, lmao. This should be interesting, huh?