Muzzle Size?

It looks like we need a muzzle for Molly as she can get really $hitty with some other dogs when we are out. Obviously it needs to fit but how do you get the right size if you order online? Size1 /2 etc is meaningless. Do we need to measure round the back of the head and down to her nose? I thought of taking her to the local shop and trying some of them for fit but different manufacturers seem to use different scales. Apart from suggesting that I just buy one from an actual shop, are there any other ideas?

I think going to try a specific brand in a shop to get the size, and then buying it online is a good idea (Probably cheaper too)
All I can say is don't buy the pets at home own brand, their sizing is completely useless for halties (Havn't tried muzzles though), I had to get a small which is meant to be for Jack Russel's type dogs, and it was still too big for Mishka!

I think going to try a specific brand in a shop to get the size, and then buying it online is a good idea (Probably cheaper too)

All I can say is don't buy the pets at home own brand, their sizing is completely useless for halties (Havn't tried muzzles though), I had to get a small which is meant to be for Jack Russel's type dogs, and it was still too big for Mishka!

Thanks - that was the plan (and I have some Amazon vouchers making it even cheaper lol!) I don't really care what size 'they' call it, as long as it fits properly (easy in a shop, not so easy online)

Skyla's in a size 7 which seems quite average for huskies

She has a plastic Baskerville one

Thanks but I guess size numbers depend on the maker though? Wouldn't it be good if they were measured in inches / cm around the head or something? You know - a practical size? Dumb manufacturers...

If you find out please let me know as we are looking for Balto to possible have one when we go to the dog park (as he likes to bully the little dogs)

We might not be able to help that much as the sizes seem to be made up by the manufacturers rather than being based on 'real' measurements. With you being 'across the pond', it might be totally different?

It's also important to check what kind of muzzle will the dog accept. Ghost hated the textil muzzle when we had one, he would try to take it down at any opportunity I gave him. Then I bought a metal muzzle and he's really fine with it. :)

Skyla's in a size 7 which seems quite average for huskies

She has a plastic Baskerville one

Thanks but I guess size numbers depend on the maker though? Wouldn't it be good if they were measured in inches / cm around the head or something? You know - a practical size? Dumb manufacturers...

This is the one skyla has - http://www.pet-supermarket.co.uk/Products/CN47008/company-of-animals-baskerville-muzzle