2 Male Huskies Or Female And A Male?

Hi all, Im new here so really sorry if I post this in the wrong part of the forum.

So I have a Male Husky that is 10 months old right now. I'm getting another Husky (already aware of the work and cost) both will be taken to obedience school. I'm also getting them from the same breeder so they will be related. My question is, is it better to get another Husky of the opposite sex or would it be better to get another male Husky? I'm looking for a companion for when I'm not home, so I need to know which one he will play with the best, also which one bonds better with the owner? I took mine out there to let him pick but he liked both the female and the male and both of them played back with him to, so now I'm not sure which one. which one.... Please help ? Lol

Thanks,
Brad

See that's where my delemna is, mine is a big sissy boy and plays good with both female and male dogs. So I'm kind of confused on which one will be best for him. I'm thinking maybe the girl since he kind of acts like one sometimes Lol but just hard to tell. He's definitely a softy, never been in any fights, always ends up on his back by choice and the biggest social butterfly you'll ever meet. And I took him to meet both the pups and both came up and were kind of playing with him

We used to have two females, which went just fine. Then we added Wodak (Male) and all still goes well :) Although I sometimes have the feeling Wodak feels the need to protect 'his pack' from other dogs. I think it depends more on the dog than their gender. You can never fully know how things will go.

I agree with Julieanne...I personally feel it depends more on the individual dogs than sex. I have two males [and will be getting 3rd male soon], they do just fine. Helps if you match personalities, you don't want two dominant type dogs. Lastly, make sure you establish your role, that helps greatly right there. Rolyx use to attack my other dog Knarly when I first got him...NILIF corrected that problem pretty fast. He now looks to me for leadership, instead of trying to fill the role himself. Doesn't sound like yours is going to be a real problem, sounds like he's pretty mellow and that helps.

Two boys will be easier than getting a female in the months between first season and spay. I've two of each. Our boys are companions but not playmates. Our youngest girl plays more with one of the boys. But again I think it's more down to personality than sex. Just pick the one that appeals most to you :)

After almost 7 years I've finally got my 2nd husky and only went for a male as my female tends to get along better with males.  I've tried to match tempraments as best I could and so far it's working quite well.  As your dog doesn't have a gender preference I would suggest looking for a dog that has a similar temprament to your current dog.

i got a boy and girl  hes about 4 shes about 2  thay get on very well shes the boss even thought we got her last i dont feed them together cos she would eat his food but realy thay are no prob together but when thay first met i took him to a field to meet her so it was neutral land and he has stoprd holling when we leave since she has been thre thay are not in cages at anytime     good luck dont forget pics

I agree that it matters more on the individual dog than what sex they are.  I have heard that you would want to stay away from 2 females, but I know many people without issue.  I have 2 males, I got Yukon when Nikko was 9 months old and they get along pretty well.  Nikko has a goofy, hyper personality and Yukon is more laid back and chill, and sometimes Nikko goes too far and Yukon will let him know!  I have only had to intervene a couple of time with them, nothing serious though. 

I just prefer male dogs because they seem easier than females, and I heard that females can be more dominate, but then again that's just what I have heard.

I agree that it matters more on the individual dog than what sex they are.  I have heard that you would want to stay away from 2 females, but I know many people without issue.  I have 2 males, I got Yukon when Nikko was 9 months old and they get along pretty well.  Nikko has a goofy, hyper personality and Yukon is more laid back and chill, and sometimes Nikko goes too far and Yukon will let him know!  I have only had to intervene a couple of time with them, nothing serious though. 

I just prefer male dogs because they seem easier than females, and I heard that females can be more dominate, but then again that's just what I have heard.

Glala and Dana(F) have been a breeze to care for. Wodak(M) is actually the one that sometimes tries to push the boundaries a bit. I've also heard that having a intact female with a spayed female would cause loads of problems. Well, definitely not here. They couldn't care less, they are inseparable. I think I have to opposites of everything  :unsure:

Glala and Dana are extremely laid back and very cuddly. Wodak is somewhat cuddly too but only when you start it.

I agree about the personality but you have something with husky that male male or female female can create alot of dominance problem. I have a male female here and they are more likely to become a inseparable couple than i had same sex dog. you have to see what you want but for my part i wanted to avoid dominance problem, and both are neuteured...well the puppy will be as well!!! Now here its a little different cause i have a mellow 3 years old female with a energenic ball of fur of 3 months,its now really dominance but exhaustion from the puppy ahhah but they are great