Chula Is Sick

Chula

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chula is home.

I picked her up and she screamed the whole way home. Got out of the truck and she dragged me to her poo spot and pooped. Then she was happy.

Gave her a little of the canned food from the vet. She scarfed it down. Waited an hour and gave her a little more so I could get her to take her meds. She unfortunately pooped on the floor, mushy but not pure water.

She didn't drink but she ate some ice.

She's resting calmly now. Poor thing is down to 17.7 pounds. She was 20 on Wednesday and that was after vomiting for four hours.

She was definitely happy to be home but she's really moody and snapping/growling if you try to touch her anywhere but her back or her feet. Hope that's temporary.

Or maybe from the surgery? Maybe she can't hold it as well right now. You could always call the vet and ask them if this is a side effect of the surgery. Is she going poo inside? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She went poo inside. She started to whine and head for the door but didn't make it. I'm glad she went poo though.

She slept well in her crate and didn't potty. drank water and ate this morning but wouldn't touch the food where I'd mixed in her crushed pills. Finally got her to take her meds by mixing them in a small amount of peanut butter.

The hard part is that she wants to run and jump and be like a puppy but she needs to restrict her activity. Not to mention that outside all she wants to do is eat everything she finds. :/ I'm now considering a muzzle for walks at least until her tummy is healed.

Also I was using a small amount of toilet paper to clean out her eye boogies and she grabbed it from me. I managed to get most of it from her but she was able to munch a little bit. She has some serious aggression going on. Sigh.

She went poo inside. She started to whine and head for the door but didn't make it. I'm glad she went poo though.

She slept well in her crate and didn't potty. drank water and ate this morning but wouldn't touch the food where I'd mixed in her crushed pills. Finally got her to take her meds by mixing them in a small amount of peanut butter.

The hard part is that she wants to run and jump and be like a puppy but she needs to restrict her activity. Not to mention that outside all she wants to do is eat everything she finds. :/ I'm now considering a muzzle for walks at least until her tummy is healed.

Also I was using a small amount of toilet paper to clean out her eye boogies and she grabbed it from me. I managed to get most of it from her but she was able to munch a little bit. She has some serious aggression going on. Sigh.

oh sweetheart, it isnt agression. Its puppy behaviour. They want to explore everything with their teeth. My aurora is the same and shes only 10 weeks old.,

No, she's responding to being touched by growling or snapping aggressively. It's different than her regular playing. I'm sure its a combo of pain, confusion and drugs but its definitely not puppy nipping. When I tried to get the toilet paper out of her mouth she tried to take my hand off.