Chula Is Sick

Chula

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She will be fine.

Let the Vet do what they need to.

She'll be hope and capering around soon.

So the vet called. She's out of surgery. They didnt find a blockage but they found the intestine had a "kink" that stopped her from being able to poo. She said it could have been from all the force trying to pass the paper towel. Good news is I get her back tomorrow and the surgery wasn't as invasive as it could have been.

Bad news is she can't say exactly why it happened or that it won't happen again. She said kink, not torsion. But googling intestinal torsion is a bad idea.

Don't google it.  It is not a good idea.  We will continue to keep our fingers and paws crossed here that it was a one time thing and never happens again.  I feel for you hun.  I would lend you one of mine for the night but your not very close to me.  I am glad surgery went ok and was not too invasive.

I'm so happy she is well and it wasn't as invasive as they thought. I would lend you one of mine for the night too! Now it's time to get the house ready to spoil her when she gets back home! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You did the right thing for sure. I haven't even met her before but I was worried all day so I can only imagine what you were going through! We are all one big family here and we all feel your pain. I'm just happy she is going to be ok! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just can't believe my 15 week old puppy had to get her innards cut open. She is just a baby. I'm a little concerned its going to set back socialization since she won't be able to really play with other dogs for a month. :(

I would not worry about that, she has her whole life ahead of her to socialize :)  A few weeks are not going to set her back.  Make sure to post some pics of her when you get her home !

I just can't believe my 15 week old puppy had to get her innards cut open. She is just a baby. I'm a little concerned its going to set back socialization since she won't be able to really play with other dogs for a month. :(

Well the vet wasn't ready to let me take her home yet. She didn't eat anything until about 5 am and they wanted to make sure she could poop before I take her. So they said sometimes this afternoon. I wanted to get her out of there but I'd rather be safe and sure.

She did seem much more alert and wanted out of the exam room BADLY. She was obviously pretty stressed out. 

I hope she poos. I know she will be much happier at home, even if she has to wear that big ole collar.

Just called the hospital and they still want to watch her since she hasn't pooped. She didn't vomit her breakfast and she just ate a small amount again I guess. Will call back in a few hours. I'd rather she stay until they are confident then have to bring her back because something is wrong. 

Glad she is doing better..dont worry about the socialization thing..my pup was down for 6 weeks with a pin in her leg she is at the vets right now getting it took out and ill know when she comes home how long shell be down for now..She is still young so she will learn when she is better..when meeka got her pin put in they said she wouldnt want to do anything for up to 6 months it was 1 week and she learned how to use three legs and was running everywhere!! About three weeks she was walking on it..so she will be ok... Good luck give her lots of lovens!!