Chula Is Sick

Chula

:( She is in good hands and she will be back to normal in no time I am sure. Poor Chula I hope she feels better.  I was worried for you too! 

Don't feel bad though, I have been lucky that Yukon hasn't had that happen since he eats just about everything.  There were times I did not notice that he ate almost an entire rope toy and puked up gobs of string. 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:( She is in good hands and she will be back to normal in no time I am sure. Poor Chula I hope she feels better.  I was worried for you too! 

Don't feel bad though, I have been lucky that Yukon hasn't had that happen since he eats just about everything.  There were times I did not notice that he ate almost an entire rope toy and puked up gobs of string. 

are you sure he's not related to Luka?

I'm so sorry she's sick Emily! I hope she feels better ASAP! You were a great mom though and got her the help she needed so props to you!

are you sure he's not related to Luka?

I'm so sorry she's sick Emily! I hope she feels better ASAP! You were a great mom though and got her the help she needed so props to you!

Could be!  It is seriously a struggle to make sure he doesn't eat everything. I buy those bones with the tennis ball fabric on them, and Nikko will tear it off and Yukon is right there to eat it!  Then I find them in his poop, or he wakes up puking.  Same with the stuffing out of the toys. Nikko will just pull it all out, and then Yukon will want to eat it! 

I hope everything goes well, I'm thinking of you and Chula...

Though I'm happy to hear the vet said there's no obstruction. Keep us updated and stay strong - she's in good hands and will be okay now! :)

$700. Ouch. Must work harder on "leave it"

Don't feel bad about it. We just spent $652 on our cat AND dog combined the other day. We have to send Diesel back and spend an additional $350 for a treatment.

My best friends fiance spent $3,000 last Christmas because his dog ate a really long string off a woven rug (ya know the ones that peel away if they get a lose end on them?). His dog had to have his intestines opened because the string was ALL the way through them.

Best of luck to Chula and she will feel better in no time :)

She KNOWS what she's not supposed to eat because once I notice she has grabbed something, as soon as I walk towards her she will hide and try to eat it as fast as possible. I've stuck my hands down her throat more times than I can count. Sometimes the only way I can get her to drop things is to walk towards her treats. She also stores things in her cheeks so when I think I've gotten it all, she somehow manages to still have a small piece in there. So somehow she got these into her without me even seeing her.

This was how she was all night/morning. Just laying in there with the crate door open. Wouldn't get up when I tried to get her out in the morning, I had to drag her out by the collar. Usually she's bouncing off the walls trying to get out. 

ZW66l29.jpg

Poor little baby :(  Nikko also knows when he has something he shouldn’t, and yes I have had my hands in their mouths, even pulled stuff they were about to swallow!  We will be thinking of her and hoping for a speedy recovery!

They said I can go visit her in the evening, so I will. It's going to be so sad to go home and see all her toys and have her not be there. I guess I should use tonight as an opportunity to get some real rest and maybe even to go have a drink with friends, but it will be hard knowing she's feeling so awful and I can't be there to hold her.  :(  She was so excited when they brought her to me to say goodbye after xrays, jumping up on my legs with her little ears back giving me puppy kisses. 

Poor puppy :( at least he's in good hands now. Half the worry is not being able to get to the vet when you desperately want to.

Togo is almost five an still gobbles socks tissues plastic bags seaweed and anything else he gets hold of. And does the whole 'eat whole!!' When he sees me coming towards him. I'm fortunate in that so far he seems to have no problem bringing it back (whole) or passing it through.

she is such a sweet puppy, makes you forget all the hard times, eh?  I was so sad leaving them to get neutered and they did not have to spend the night, so I wouldn't be able to enjoy myself either. 

I can't wait for her to go back to being a naughty, rambunctious nipping little puppy. I won't ever complain about it again. Seeing your doggie lay there, not moving, not taking any water, looking up at you with her sad, worried eyes...makes me cry just thinking about how awful she must feel. 

She was 20 pounds though, so she's put on 3 pounds in two weeks since her last well visit. She's growing!

I can't wait for her to go back to being a naughty, rambunctious nipping little puppy. I won't ever complain about it again. Seeing your doggie lay there, not moving, not taking any water, looking up at you with her sad, worried eyes...makes me cry just thinking about how awful she must feel. 

She was 20 pounds though, so she's put on 3 pounds in two weeks since her last well visit. She's growing!

When Yukon was sick a couple of weeks ago, the same weekend Nikko ripped his dew claw off, I felt the same way!  I even said that I couldn't wait for them to be the rambunctious pups they usually are!  I felt so bad for him :(  And I felt awful for leaving Yukon for a couple hours when he messed in his crate

I am so sorry that you are having to go through this.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.  My Rori eats everything and peroxide is never far away.  She also tries to hide what she has.  DROP IT/LEAVE IT is a god send with her.  She is in good hands so try not to worry.

Ok, I called because she's my dog and I don't care if I'm obnoxious. 

The doctor said the repeat xray shows some movement, which is good, but there is still a bloated pocket of gas right where the small intestine meets the colon. She hasn't pottied, but they are going to walk her to try to get her to go potty. If nothing comes out, they're going to try to do a "digital exam", or in other words stick their fingers up there and see if something isn't blocking her right at the poop chute. 

Hope your babies ok, Mia has been ill for 3 weeks, our initial worry was that she had an obstruction. I cried all the way to the vets, and then on and off for the rest of her stay. Luckily she didn't, but we still don't know what's causing her to be unwell :-(

Hopefully you have him home from the vet now xx