Chula Is Sick

Chula

At around 5 am she woke up puking and out came a wad of paper towel. She ate breakfast normally around 7, and pooped normal poop.

About an hour ago she vomited up her breakfast, is whimpering and drooling. She won't drink and is not interested in her treats. But she is playing with her toys.

What do I do? I can only imagine she has eaten something she isn't supposed to. When do I worry about blockage? I wish she would drink water. Every once in awhile she cries but then goes back to playing. Her tummy doesn't feel distended and she doesn't seem to have pain if I touch it.

Worried. :(

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OH took her outside to see if she would eat snow. I can see from the window that she's romping around happily. I'm worried about dehydration. She drank a bunch this morning but I think she vomited it all up.

has anything come out of the other end?

Don't feed her anything for 24 hours hun, wait and see if anything works through if you can't get to a vet but if you're still having the same issues tomorrow i'd see if you can get her there x

I took her temp and its 100.5 which I think is normal. I don't know when vet will open up maybe tomorrow. I could drive to emergency care but the roads are terrible. Is there any chance she will pass it on her own?

Well we took her in and its not parvo which was my number one concern. They said she might have a blockage but we could wait 24 hours to see if she got better and take her to our regular vet in the morning.

She got home and had diarrhea and out came more paper towel. Obviously she got a hold of paper towel and ate it. So we are going to see if she poops the rest of it out and just give her pedialyte if she will drink it. If tomorrow morning she isn't better I will bring her to my regular vet. Poor girl. She is feeling yucky.

I think you should encourage her to drink - she'll get dehydrated. I heard you can use a syringe/eyedropper and give her water that way...not sure if that would cause her to choke though...

EDIT: More info on dog dehydration signs + some other ways to encourage your dog to drink: http://suite101.com/article/help-my-dog-wont-drink-water-a97877

She wouldn't drink water, or pedialyte, or gatorade. Even when I tried with a turkey baster she just spit it out. So I took her outside and she ate a little snow. Then I brought her in and I have a sample size of the honest kitchen dehydrated food. I mixed a tiny bit into a couple ounces of water (took out anything that was chunky so it was more just like green water) and she lapped it up. Now we'll watch to see if she vomits again. If she doesn't, I will give her a bit more. 

She hasn't vomited or heaved in about 5 hours. Hopefully whatever that last paper towel was that came out in her poo was the last of the obstruction.

It's so distressing when you can't do anything.

Hopefully she'll start to take water.

Once she does then try some cold, boiled rice.

Almost no nutritinal value but it'll make her feel full and it's a gentle way to try to settle her upset stomach.

If she takes the rice and it stays down then try some boiled chicken breast.

When that stays down Either try a tiny amount of her normal food

or Raw chicken wings.

Awwe I hope she gets better! Believe me I am always worried sick and take mine to the vet if I think they are too sick. Mine have been there too, they always seem to be getting into stuff. Hopefully it passed and she will feel better! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk