Yet Another Risky Breed News Story.

NicTurtle

I know this discussion comes up once in a while, But I just don't get it. This news story was linked from the bottom of a major headline....

‘Dangerous’ or ‘risky’ dog breeds

Your insurance company can refuse to cover a dog under any circumstances, however, depending on its breed. Here are a few breeds that insurance providers may consider too risky for coverage:

1. Wolf hybrids
  2. Alaskan malamutes
  3. Siberian huskies
  4. Great Danes
  5. Akitas
  6. Chows
  7. German shepherds
  8. Rottweilers
  9. Doberman pinschers
  10. Pit bulls

I've never met an aggressive husky, but how do you fight something that is this prevalent? 

My know-it-all family member actually told me once that Pits and Rottweilers are so aggressive that you can't selectively breed them into docile family dogs. She obviously doesn't realize I've owned 2 Rottie mixes who were the sweetest dogs ever. But she loves my huskies and thinks they are fabulous even though the whole breed is on this list. People are so weird!  Has anyone ever convinced someone to change their mind on something like this?

I just found that my HOA bans certain breeds.  Mine says:

"Under no circumstances shall dogs be allowed on the properties with are a breed known to bite people, such as pit bulls, Doberman Pinchers, German Shepherds, Rottweiler, Akita, Bull Mastiff or Mastiff, Chow, Husky, Presa Canarro, Bull Terrier, Wolf Dog, etc."

Total Bulls**t if you ask me!

They should ban those damn ankle biter Chihuahua's.  Ugh I don't like those dogs

I own a Chihuahua and she is a sweet heart, but OMG that dog barks at everything. When someone comes to my door she is the only one in my pack that growls too. I seriously call her my attack chihuahua.

I don't know who dreams these lists up but perhaps they should learn about the breeds before coming out with this c....rap. Whilst some on there should definately be on there others should definately not. I agree about the ankle biters as well. A few years ago now I was delivering to a private address when I got a nip on the ankle. The surprise made me flick my leg to try to remove whatever it was. This dog flew over the hedge and landed with a wheeze. Next thing I know is it's coming back under the hedge and nipped the other ankle. Persistent little Sod. :@

Gary.

I own a Chihuahua and she is a sweet heart, but OMG that dog barks at everything. When someone comes to my door she is the only one in my pack that growls too. I seriously call her my attack chihuahua.

I have a Chihuahua too. They have the personality of a large dog and don't fear other animals IMO, though I agree their very sweet and loving. Mine would take pat's and cuddles for hours if he could.

I know this discussion comes up once in a while, But I just don't get it. This news story was linked from the bottom of a major headline....

‘Dangerous’ or ‘risky’ dog breeds

Your insurance company can refuse to cover a dog under any circumstances, however, depending on its breed. Here are a few breeds that insurance providers may consider too risky for coverage:

1. Wolf hybrids
  2. Alaskan malamutes
  3. Siberian huskies
  4. Great Danes
  5. Akitas
  6. Chows
  7. German shepherds
  8. Rottweilers
  9. Doberman pinschers
  10. Pit bulls

I've never met an aggressive husky, but how do you fight something that is this prevalent? 

My know-it-all family member actually told me once that Pits and Rottweilers are so aggressive that you can't selectively breed them into docile family dogs. She obviously doesn't realize I've owned 2 Rottie mixes who were the sweetest dogs ever. But she loves my huskies and thinks they are fabulous even though the whole breed is on this list. People are so weird!  Has anyone ever convinced someone to change their mind on something like this?

Why did you change the order of the list that you provided?  You made it seem like the wolf, husky and malamute were towards the top when you actually reversed the order.  

Why did you change the order of the list that you provided?  You made it seem like the wolf, husky and malamute were towards the top when you actually reversed the order.  

I copied and pasted it exactly like it was on the website. I was surprised to see Pits listed last on it myself. The story I copied it from must have reversed the order. The link embedded there goes to a different story than the one I copied.

Children bite and attack people too.

Yes. In addition to screaming and crying. Permit huskies, ban children.

There is a mal up the street that's been aggressive to my GSD. He's attacked her on several occasions. Never seen him be aggressive to people though, not even to me as I tried to beat the hell out of him to get him off my dog twice.