Yakima Weight Pull 2013

• 2 weeks later...

Missed this post earlier. How did the boys end up doing? I didn't know there were pull competitions! :D

Well Dakota and Denali both qualified for the National IWPA weight pull competition in Canada this year.  Dakota got his first leg toward his Working Dog Title, Denali may have if I hadn't disqualified him by calling him before I was behind the line.  Dakota took 3rd in the 60lb weight class and Denali took 4th both days.  Overall good weekend!  We have another one coming up, hoping to get Dakota one leg closer to his title and get a leg on Denali maybe as well :D

Wow..I learn more and more about working these dogs every day! Thats great that they will be competing in the Championship. What does it take for them to earn thier working dog title?

I think I'm really getting hooked on the working side of owning husky's! :D

Wow..I learn more and more about working these dogs every day! Thats great that they will be competing in the Championship. What does it take for them to earn thier working dog title?

I think I'm really getting hooked on the working side of owning husky's! :D

I'm not sure we'll be headed to Canada, but we did qualify :)  In order to earn their base Working Dog Title they have to pull 12x's their weight (wheeled card) at 4 separate pull events.  Unless it is a snow pull then it's only 5x's their body weight.   We competed with a wheeled cart and Dakota pulled 830lbs!  Let me tell you of everything we do with our dogs, working is definitely the most fun aspect of the breed :D