Mask Changes

KERNOWHUSKIES

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish my computer hadnt flaked out. I lost alot of photos and close ups of chewbaccas face from when he was little, but his fcial markings have changed and darkened quite a bit. When we first got him he was completely white around the eyes with no defined markings really and I think just some very faint lines down his nose that we could barely see. Now he's got that more defined set of lines down his nose, and a sort of Football player style outline around his eyes (you know- that thing players do when the put that line of polish under their eyes). I think his mask will still darken up some more over time, but Im sure it wont ever be a full-on mask. Even the backs of his ears which were golden sable have darkened up- the only markings that havent changed much are the silver streaks that outline his shoulders on both sides.

• 3 weeks later...

All so cute! :D

By the looks of it, if there ARE any changes, sibes with masks seem to lose their markings. Have there been any where masks have actually started to appear as they get older? Or is it simply the case of when they mature, the "puppy" markings disappear?