What Football Teams Do Ya All Support

Husky-gunner

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm a typical Johnnie- come -lately glory-hunting, London-based Manchester United fan - not really, I've supported them for 56 years since I was nine years old. I still remember clearly that horrible February day in 1958 when the team's plane crashed in Munich. At the time I idolised Duncan Edwards, and I was heartbroken by his death. Our next door neighbour (the only person in the street with a TV) rushed into our house and told my dad to go next door straight away. The News was on and that was the first we had heard of the crash. At that time, no-one really knew the full implications and the death toll gradually emerged over the next couple of days. I used to "hate" Liverpool, Arsenal and Leeds (our traditional enemies, but they simply aren't good enough to worry about at the moment. United fans are more likely to dislike Chelski and Manchester Citeh nowadays (although we'll always have an icy place in our heart for Liverpool.

However, much as I love football and United, nowadays I'm more likely to be watching Saracens or Harlequins - Rugby's still a bit more honest!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a typical Johnnie- come -lately glory-hunting, London-based Manchester United fan - not really, I've supported them for 56 years since I was nine years old. I still remember clearly that horrible February day in 1958 when the team's plane crashed in Munich. At the time I idolised Duncan Edwards, and I was heartbroken by his death. Our next door neighbour (the only person in the street with a TV) rushed into our house and told my dad to go next door straight away. The News was on and that was the first we had heard of the crash. At that time, no-one really knew the full implications and the death toll gradually emerged over the next couple of days. I used to "hate" Liverpool, Arsenal and Leeds (our traditional enemies, but they simply aren't good enough to worry about at the moment. United fans are more likely to dislike Chelski and Manchester Citeh nowadays (although we'll always have an icy place in our heart for Liverpool.

However, much as I love football and United, nowadays I'm more likely to be watching Saracens or Harlequins - Rugby's still a bit more honest!

Well done Mick glad I'm not the only United supporter on here. I've supported them for around 50 years now. I am also partial to a game of rugby. Bit like the Americans football but played by real men. ;)

Gary.

Well done Mick glad I'm not the only United supporter on here. I've supported them for around 50 years now. I am also partial to a game of rugby. Bit like the Americans football but played by real men. ;)

Gary.

Definitely - I'm really looking forward to the showdown between England and Wales in Cardiff next week. My son is working at Twickenham on Sunday in one of the bars, but I doubt whether he'll see much of the game. I'll be sat in front of the TV with a few beers watching England beat Italy and United beating Chelski. Happy Days!!

I guess if we are talking Footie ball...I'll have to say our local club Real Salt Lake (MLS)

but since the title says Football team...I'm gonna say it again.....SKOL VIKINGS! ha ha ha!

attachicon.gifVikings.jpg

The post was started in England so we're talking proper football, what you guys call soccer. What you call football over here is called rugby.  You can tell the difference, same shaped ball but we don't wear all that protective clothing and crash helmets. :rofl:

Gary.