Is my Sibe a duffer?

laura_3173

I have just been reading this http://www.huskycolors.com/wooly.html and it says that Long hair is not only a fault in a show dog Siberian, it can be dangerous in a working Siberian.

It also says "Wooly" Siberians may look interesting, but they should not be bred as they do not perpetuate the desired Siberian look"

Is this right?? Lex is long haired have we bought a duff breed? Or is that site just wrong?

Long haired sibes are a genetic throwback, Im not sure the KC recognise them. They are not a duffer as you say just different.

It only says its dangerous to work them IN THE SNOW!!!!

People say my Bob pictured below has hair longer than it 'should be'. But hey who cares. I dont show or work. I love my dogs for digging my garden up, stealing off the benches, farting boney smells at night and just being my snuggle monsters.

Photo0028.jpg

Beth

Oh right i was getting worried then thinking that the breeder had told us a pack of lies! We do have KC papers for Lex so they must have recognised him for something! I don't want to show him or put him to work I would still love him for who he is even if he ended up as a mongrel I was just wondering about the breeder that was all!!

It wasn't a kennels that we got him from it was from Devizes in Wiltshire from a breeder her name was Sian she seemed to know her stuff about them and had all of the information packs for us and his KC papers when we bought him. We saw both parents and all of the litter and they all looked well looked after but none of the others had as long hair as Lex does now his parents were very much short hair. I am sure everythings above board as he wouldn't have been KC reg if there was something wrong would he?

sometimes it happens i wouldnt worry bout it sum ov my pups bros n sis had longer fur than him i think its just how they are its like no 2 people are the same so no 2 pup are either even if ur pups parents were short hairs they can produce long haired pups my pups mum was grey and his dad was red they had sum black pups think its just one ov those things Lex is gorgeous by the way

Thank you as i said i wouldn't change him for the world i was just worried about other people who are buying from her who are going to show them and when they some to show them they say thats not a realy sibe because of its fur thats all! Lex is the baby of the family and gets spoilt rotten lol