Just starting out

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I trained mine whilst walking with them

Yeah, thats what I initially did. If you can, try walking the same route for a while, so every time you make a right turn, say Gee, left turn, Haw etc. The dog will get to know the route and so will learn to associate the words with the turnings. My lot still decide sometimes not to take any notice of me though, my son was on the scooter with two of our dogs, who I think are very good, but he forgot to say on by at a junction, so they decided to suddenly turn right, leaving him flying through the air into a bush. His own fault though :lol:

If I am running two dogs on a bike, I usually just attach a two dog line to the stem (the bit in the middle of the handlebars) and use a neckline like Sarah suggested to connect the dogs together. I prefer that to some of the other arrangements as it is easier to control the bike when the dogs are pulling from the front. You just need to keep your eyes on your dogs to make sure you don't run over the lines and get a tangle.

Yes Sarah - I have experienced those kinds of tangles loads of times - no fun at all!!!

Mick :D

Guest snowdog

Thankyou sarah, thankyou raindog, i will do that as it sounds better than how i had though about doing it, could you possibly list what you use and were i could get them as i havnt a clue, thankyou x

Culpepers are good or snowpaw store - this is a pic of a 2 dog line - you can see it comes with a neck line as well

http://www.culpeppers.co.uk/catalogue/?_Culpep=63753841A4EhmzjMwMw&cat=ganglines

2%20x%20Dog%20Line%20Lge.jpg?display=xlarge

You will also need x back harnesses http://www.ikonoutfitters.com/fitting_guide.htm but can get them from either snow paws store or culpeppers as well :)

Guest snowdog

Culpepers are good or snowpaw store - this is a pic of a 2 dog line - you can see it comes with a neck line as well

http://www.culpeppers.co.uk/catalogue/?_Culpep=63753841A4EhmzjMwMw&cat=ganglines

2%20x%20Dog%20Line%20Lge.jpg?display=xlarge

You will also need x back harnesses http://www.ikonoutfitters.com/fitting_guide.htm but can get them from either snow paws store or culpeppers as well :)

Thankyou sarah, thats great x

Well,snowdog,you can also make them.It isn`t hard to make a gangline and you can make for as many dogs you want.You just need a few meters of rope,some carabiners and an elastic rope(for the shock-absorber).You can buy these from a local building materials store and you can choose any colour and dimension. ;)

Here are a few pics` of the "fresh" 2 dog secion gangline.

post-916-13585944418176_thumb.jpg

post-916-13585944418962_thumb.jpg

post-916-13585944420465_thumb.jpg

post-916-13585944422162_thumb.jpg

Guest snowdog

Well,snowdog,you can also make them.It isn`t hard to make a gangline and you can make for as many dogs you want.You just need a few meters of rope,some carabiners and an elastic rope(for the shock-absorber).You can buy these from a local building materials store and you can choose any colour and dimension. ;)

Here are a few pics` of the "fresh" 2 dog secion gangline.

wow thanks, i will leave it up to you lot who know what your doing though, as if i make one, first tug it would probably fall apart, but thankyou for showing me, your very good making your own x

• 1 month later...