Good Collars For Huskies?

unison24

My dog is always getting her neck hair matted and cut by her collar. It looks very frizzy. I prefer to leave her collar on her during the day in case she runs loose. Does anyone else has this problem? What type of collar do you recomend, if anyone has had sucess with any.

I got the flat collar from Indi-dog and I LOVE it!  It doesn’t make their fur matted and I can
adjust it to make it as loose or as tight as needed.  I don’t use those for walks though, it is
just their around the house collar.  I
liked the one I got for Nikko so
much that I ordered the same kind for Yukon
too.

I got one of these for my husky: http://www.snowpawstore.com/collar-manmat.html

They sit nice and loose, then tighten under pulling to the normal two-fingers loose when a lead is attached. Also, because they sit loose they slip on and off the head really easily. 

I use a very loose cheap collar for Yotie that he wears all the time.  It's only used to keep his tags on,( identification and rabies tags) for walking he always wears a martingale no pull harness.  Yotie used to wear an expensive collar all the time, but like you I found it matted the fur and seemed an irritation for him and if I made it comfortable on him he would slip the collar on walks.  For me this was the best solution.

I came across some really good quality collars when I was in Istanbul... I am in the process of trying to market them over here! I like this one in particular... Its leather, its padded and its reflective! Super tough & super comfortable. What do you guys think?

ScreenShot2013-01-29at184117_zpsb35bc2a8

I came across some really good quality collars when I was in Istanbul... I am in the process of trying to market them over here! I like this one in particular... Its leather, its padded and its reflective! Super tough & super comfortable. What do you guys think?  
they look really nice n very smart too :-) I like them

Suka has on his martingale collar on all the time. I know some people say that wrecks their fur, but his has been on almost constantly for 3 years and he's had no issues.

What collar do you have on her right now?

I have a rolled leather, but I dont know if i have it on too tight.

I use quick release collars, my male got caught under my females and almost strangled her to death, I only just cut her collar off in time, I went straight to quick release collars and wouldn't go back. We have since had several events where they have got caught on things in the garden and house and released where as before they could have choked. I also had a friend whose dog choked itself in the kitchen by getting its collar caught. 

Worth a try I swear it's the best thing I ever did :)