Q&a Session

Marc

OK, so we are on the new forum and things are starting to come together. So lets have a Q&A session :)

RULES:

1. You can post only 1 question per post (so I can quote and answer them)
  2. It must be relating to the new site, so ya can get rid of the silly ideas now.

Enjoy

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll start: Marc, how do I upload photos to my post?

In order to upload photo's to a post you must now use the advanced editor. If you are posting a new topic you will already be in the advanced editor, if replying you need to click "more reply options".

Once on this page, if you scroll to the bottom there is a section for "attachments". Choose your files and click to upload them. Once you have uploaded them it will give you the option to add them to your post if you wish to do so.

I addition to this attachments now work it a much better way. If you have uploaded something previously that you want to add to a post there is no need to upload again. Simply click on the "My Media" button in the editor and it will show you all attachments you have previously uploaded and you can click to add them to your post. You can also add events you have posted in the calender to your post :)

Marc, will the site sponsors diaries be reinstated? I am fine with it either way, just curious :)

Site sponsors diarys are already reinstated. If you have an issue with yours send me over a message and I will look at/sort for you.

EDIT: Just looked at seems you couldnt post into yours. Have now sorted so that you can again.

Marc, I can't find the "make all forums read" button? where is it?

There is no button for this on our new software. However for the reason that it is a lot easier to mark forums read individually. Unlike on the other software you would click into the forum and mark it as read, on this one all you need to do is click on the pawprint at the side of the forum itself and it marks it as read for you. So if you click all that are orange everything would have been marked.

This said however it would be something I would hope to add at some point, but can honestly say would not be a priority at the moment.

Thanks, I agree it's a minor thing, just had to ask.

the other thing that bothers me,

it seems that the tagging isn't working? @Mark

This is something which I am working with at the moment and will be live over the weekend. It will however work slightly different and lookup the user in order to prevent the taging issues we had previously.

when anneka aka leyka and diva quotes she double quotes. see above.

This is actually a bug in the editor which has been fixed in a version of IPB which was only released yesterday afternoon. I may well take the forum down for half hour tonight in order to apply that update as it fixes a fair few niggling bugs around the editor area.

This is something which I am working with at the moment and will be live over the weekend. It will however work slightly different and lookup the user in order to prevent the taging issues we had previously.

This is actually a bug in the editor which has been fixed in a version of IPB which was only released yesterday afternoon. I may well take the forum down for half hour tonight in order to apply that update as it fixes a fair few niggling bugs around the editor area.

like it used to? I preferred it that way :D

and thanks lol it was bugging me :D

Marc, I can't find the "make all forums read" button? where is it?

There is no button for this on our new software. However for the reason that it is a lot easier to mark forums read individually. Unlike on the other software you would click into the forum and mark it as read, on this one all you need to do is click on the pawprint at the side of the forum itself and it marks it as read for you. So if you click all that are orange everything would have been marked.

This said however it would be something I would hope to add at some point, but can honestly say would not be a priority at the moment.

*Ahum* Look at the bottom of the page that says "Mark Community Read"  :whistling:

like it used to? I preferred it that way :D

and thanks lol it was bugging me :D

Not sure how you got "like it used to" from "slightly different" LOL Unless you mean the suggesting names on typing?

*Ahum* Look at the bottom of the page that says "Mark Community Read"  :whistling:

Oh aye .... didnt even know that was there lmao

Well, do tell  ....  :)

lol, okay.

Click on your name, and it'll take you to your profile.

Then go up to where it says 'edit my profile.'

Click the 'profile customization' button on the left.

Here you can change your profile's background to either a picture of your choice, or a solid colour. See my profile for how it looks.