Happy Birthday Husky-Owners.com!!!!!!!!!!!

Sarah

This time 12 months ago, I was playing with my fur ball Kimba, trying to teach him new tricks Marc was engrossed in some forum on the computer as always, and I was fed up of talking to the back of his head lol. So I asked if he could build me a forum for husky owners, the seed was planted and husky-owners was born. We went live on 28th October 2008 and have grown so much in such a short space of time.

We wanted a place where members could meet up every once in a while and share our experiences of our beloved Sibes, but now, I sit back and think, we have so much more we have helped to re home huskies and given help and advice to countless members on a wide range of subjects, from feeding, to crate training to walking on a lead. Some people may not have got the quality and quantity of advice from just reading articles around the net THIS is what makes us so special.

I was worried at first that it wouldnt take on, that not that many people who owned huskies would also be interested in forums, but looking at our member base now, just a year on, I realise how silly those worries were.

Weve seen members come and go, laughed at threads and cried for those that have passed. We have made a lot of great friends over the recent months, and I know that those friendships will last.

Were celebrating our success with a brand new look forum. Marc is hard at work coding and designing the new board and very soon we will have an even better site to be proud of, with more to do and better ways to interact!

Looking at what the last 12 months has been like, with meet ups, sponsored walks, racing events, camping weekends, etc I cant wait for the next year to pass because if its anything like this one, it promises to be full of enjoyment for us all.

We both want to say a big thank you to all the members for all their contributions to the site so far. This site wouldnt be as good as it is now if it wasnt for you guys threads and posts are what makes a forum, if you dont have these, you dont have a forum. And how can we forget those pictures!!! I love seeing all the pictures posted by members, unless of course they are of me lol

Heres to the next 12 months of the friendliest husky forum on the internet IMHO ;)

Happy 1st Birthday, Husky Owners, here's to many, many more ............ :beerchug:

1stbday.jpg

A massive thank you to Sarah for the idea & Marc for the know-how & to our wonderful Admin, moderators & Editor-in-Chief for keeping the forum as enjoyable as it is .... congratulations, everyone :party::laola::party:

Happy Birthday Husky-Owners!!!

I remember back to when I joined in december and I have had a great time and made many true, faithful friends who share the same interest as I do, HUSKIES!!!!

Many Thanks to ALL members, past and present, for joining the forum, filling us with questions and knowledge in all areas and of course, loading us with all of your fantastic photos and videos of your huskies and other pets :D Please keep it all coming. All of your input is what makes this forum what is now :)

Thankyou Marc for all of your hard work and techy knowledge - I may not know WTF your on about sometimes but looking at the forum now and what it will be looking like makes sence :)

Thank you Sarah for your great mind thinking, if it wasnt for your great thought of the forum we wouldnt have husky-owners and life would be boring still - especially without the photos, videos and stories or your marvelous falling over stories ;)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HUSKY-OWNERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

74018.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

Happy_Birthday.jpg

Guest snowdog

Hip hip hooorrrraaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy

:beerchug::party::bananen_smilies046:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALL YOU HUSKY OWNERS AND LETS NOT FORGET THE HUSKY OWNERS TO BE! ID LIKE TO SAY A BIG THANKYOU TO EVERYONE FOR BEING SO WELCOMING AND NICE, AND A BIG, WUP WUP TO SARAH,MARC AND ALL THE GUYS AND GALS WHO HELP KEEP THING RUNNING, NOT BEEN HERE LONG, BUT PLAN TO STICK AROUND AND ENJOY THE NEXT 12 MNTHS WITH YA! XX HIP HIP HOORAY HIP HIP HOORAY!

:party::beerchug::laola::laola::laola:

Happy Birthday Husky-Owners!

H - is for the huskies of white, red, gray, and black

U - is for the unique-ness of our quickly growing pack

S - is for the silly things that we often share

K - is for the knowledge that helps with husky care

Y - is for the young pups, the newbies welcomed here

O - is for the oldsters, whose opinions are so clear!

W - is for the winning site that we're members of

N - is for the new friends, that we've all found and love

E- is for everything that Sarah and Marc have done

R - is for the reason Husky-Owners is NUMBER 1!

'nuff of my prose......Thanks Sarah and Marc for creating a community filled with people as crazy about their huskies as I am! (And a special thanks from Bo - He appreciates you too!)

Happy Birthday Husky-Owners!

You smart arse thats the best thing I ever seen on here :)

• 2 years later...

(I could not find quote so copied and pasted this, hope that is ok)

I really like this, and if you don't mind I may save it to read, or print it out and frame it.

Happy Birthday....I'm so glad that I found this board and that you let me be a member here. I own the only husky in a 100mi area, so no dog walks or anything here like that. I have learned a lot just reading here and hope to stay around to make some friends here.:)